GC Nonprofit News is committed to providing information that will assist you and your organization. Each week we will publish articles and share resources that are current and relevant as your nonprofit deals with COVID-19.
Question from Executive Director, Elisa Hoffman of School Board School:
“Thank you for asking in your latest newsletter for questions that covid-19 has raised for our organizations. Our two big questions right now are around”:
1) Recruitment: we do so much of the recruitment for participants for our program in person, either at community events or at the meetings of partner organizations. What are ways that people are shifting their recruitment to virtual methods?
2) Virtual instruction and community building: Depending on how long social distancing lasts, we may have to shift our entire structure from in-person programming to virtual. What are best practices in the delivery of instruction virtually? How about in building camaraderie in a virtual platform?
*If you have ideas for Elisa please email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a tip from Rachel Kirley, President of AFP Cincinnati Chapter:
“I have watched several foundations and government entities accelerate their payments for various awards to get some assistance to local organizations. If your organization has an award they are waiting to receive you might consider calling the program officer to see if accelerating the payment schedule is an option. This would be easier to do with a local funder, and it would require a careful conversation and a good relationship, but I definitely think this is an idea worth pursuing.”
How you can help….
- Send the big questions and issues COVID-19 has created in your organization (We will print your questions with your email so our readers can directly respond to you with helpful tips and ideas.)
- Send tips and/or strategies that will help nonprofits response to COVID-19 (We will print your tip – you may submit anonymously or we will include your name, organization and title.
- Email to email@example.com
Be safe and stay connected,
Publisher & Owner, GC Nonprofit News