Crayons to Computers
Cincinnati nonprofit Crayons to Computers exists to level the playing field in the classroom by ensuring that teachers can provide their students in need the tools to succeed in school.
Crayons to Computers is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator responsible for all aspects of Crayons’ volunteer program. The program includes providing a welcoming sense of community and appreciation for volunteers, scheduling, and supervision of a robust crew of “family” regulars and episodic individuals and groups. This full-time role includes early evening and weekend hours and reports to the Director of Programs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Recruit, orient, and train all volunteers as needed to fulfill organizational needs.
- Plan and collaborate with pertinent staff to oversee daily volunteer activities throughout the building.
- Celebrate and recognize volunteer efforts to continue excellent retention history.
- Maintain regular communication through various methods with “family” and other volunteers.
- Provide support to Teacher Resource Center and online distribution channels.
A Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ work experience (preferably working in a volunteer setting) is required. The ideal candidate:
- Possesses a passion for Crayons’ mission and holds a belief that education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Is skilled at customer service and building and maintaining positive relationships
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasks with ease and flexibility amidst changing priorities
- Is skilled at time management for productivity
- Maintains impeccable attention to detail
- Able to be calm and adaptable in all circumstances
- Is self-motivated and does not require close supervision
- Is a team-player and collaborator
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office
- Has reliable transportation to and from work
- Is physically able to participate in setup, clean up and moving of product (may require lifting 30 or more pounds)
- Successfully completes a background check and drug test
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $36, 000 – $39,000
- Benefits include comprehensive insurance plan, retirement plan with employer match, generous paid time off, purpose-filled organization and team
How to Apply: Send an e-mail with “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21. Include cover letter and resume.
About Crayons to Computers
Cincinnati nonprofit Crayons to Computers exists to level the playing field in the classroom by ensuring that teachers can provide their students in need the tools to succeed in school. Through various programs, Crayons distributes free materials to teachers in schools with 60% or more students on free or reduced lunch. Since its inception in 1997, Crayons to Computers has distributed more than $180 million worth of basic school supplies, educational tools and incentive items. With more than 450 schools and over 11,000 teachers eligible to shop, Crayons strives to serve nearly 114,000 children in need across 16 counties in the Greater Cincinnati area.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com