Website Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
The mission of Cincinnati Youth Collaborative is empowering youth to overcome obstacles and succeed in education, career and life.
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Development and Marketing Officer
Background: Successful achievement of the mission of Cincinnati Youth Collaborative relies in part on the engagement and abilities of our volunteers whose participation varies given our numerous programs geared primarily toward mentoring, career preparation and college readiness and success.
General Responsibilities: This position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs associated with the overall strategy in fulfilling the mission of Cincinnati Youth Collaborative. In doing so, this position must interact positively with internal and external stakeholders, realizing the potential impact not only in support of activities involving our students and the community but as well on our donor and fundraising efforts. This position entails development, recruitment and retention of volunteers including but not limited to onboarding, on-going training, including oversight of policy compliance, consistent communication with volunteers, coordination, measurement and evaluation of volunteer activities and events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with CYC’s program, development and executive teams to develop and implement strategies, objectives and goals for CYC’s Volunteer Program.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders to coordinate corporate and community volunteer engagements with the organization.
- Serve as the lead CYC staff person for the CYC Volunteer Committee including oversight of the Young Professionals group.
- Develop and executive a robust volunteer recruitment strategy.
- Collect, compile and maintain all necessary records and information required by the volunteer program, including the volunteer database.
- Oversee the background check process for volunteers.
- Develop and deliver enthusiastically a volunteer training curriculum that is effective, ongoing and compliant with policies, with respect to legal requirements.
- Provide information to staff, students, schools and partner organizations, as well as the general public regarding volunteer program needs and requirements.
- Identify and analyze volunteer program needs applying resources to effectively meet those needs.
- Analyze volunteer data using it for continuous improvement of volunteer engagement and management.
- Lead the planning, execution and evaluation of volunteer appreciation and recognition events such as the Annual Thank-A-Thon and Volunteer Appreciation Week, as well as assisting other Managers as requested and needed with implementation of events related to their programs and departments.
- Works closely with Executive Management and Program and Department Managers to maximize corporate and community partnerships around the full scope of needs for CYC as it relates specifically to volunteers and revenues.
- Collaborates clearly with Executive Management and Program and Department Managers regarding partner prospect cultivation and identifying the proper owner at a given point in time for overlapping relationships.
- Ensure adherence to program policies and other requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with equivalent combination of education and experience in volunteering, mentoring or youth related programs.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience implementing and managing a volunteer program at a non-profit organization.
- Proven success in working with diverse populations (students, parents, volunteers, school staff, corporate representatives) in a variety of settings, including those from low-income and/or urban backgrounds
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively balance and integrate task-oriented and process-oriented responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to collaborate and understand the needs of the organization as it relates to the needs of the populations we serve.
- A strong understanding of volunteer value and ability to advocate for volunteers.
- Ability to lead and coordinate the work of a team of volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate impact of volunteers while taking into consideration volunteers’ abilities and interests.
- Ability to build an atmosphere of teamwork and commitment between staff and volunteers.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze volunteer needs and apply resources effectively to meet those needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate the work of CYC to the community
- Strong presentation skills including excellent Microsoft PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Knowledgeable about volunteer training curriculum, volunteer recruitment and retention
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Professional image
- A commitment to continued professional development
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is:
- Able to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel or balance with body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move around the environment.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in performance of tasks.
- Able to speak and hear.
- Able to lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Able to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to compare, decide, problem solve, analyze, instruct and interpret.
CYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org