Cincinnati Works is a nonprofit organization focused on workforce development with the mission to eliminate poverty through employment.
Cincinnati Works, a non-profit agency guiding our Members through the job search maze, to find dignified, stable work, is seeking a Virtual Designer and Facilitator. This role includes a combination of curriculum design and workshop facilitation experience, both virtual and in person. It requires someone who can “think outside the box” to develop, design and facilitate trainings that engage and empower our Members on their path to self-sufficiency.
- Work with Director of Education, utilizing a disciplined instructional design approach to create meaningful, memorable virtual and in-person learning experiences
- Select appropriate learning activities and methods to achieve objectives and build those activities into meaningful sequences.
- Comfortable in a fluid environment, perhaps creating a storyboard one day, refining a presentation deck the next and ending the week facilitating a multiple day virtual workshop series.
- Facilitate scheduled job readiness and career development trainings for Members and Strategic Partners
- Manage all training functions and classroom participation during delivery of training programs
- Knowledge of the job search process including best practices for resume building, online job searching, interviewing, tips for on the job success and goal setting, preferred
- Ability to work remotely, with flexible work schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency designing and facilitating virtual and in person instructor-led trainings for adult learners
- Ability to adapt instructional content or delivery methods for different levels or types of learners
- Familiarity with virtual facilitation using a suite of instructional design technologies and various virtual meeting and video conferencing software, including Zoom, WebEx, Captivate, Adobe,
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience facilitating in person workshops or trainings to multiple size adult audiences
- 2 years of experience developing and facilitating curriculum content, eLearning programs and virtual learning solutions
- Bachelor’s or commensurate experience (preferred coursework in instructional systems, instructional design, adult learning theory or training and development). Formal certification in Instructional Design or ISD, or related skills highly preferred.
Applicants will need to submit resume, cover letter and two electronic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com