We change the way the world views and defines disability by making profound and positive differences in people's lives every day.
Job Title: Vice President of Disability Services
Reports to: CEO/President
Easterseals is a nonprofit that breaks down barriers for people with disabilities, veterans and people with economic disadvantages.
Our Mission: We change the way the world views and defines disability by making profound and positive differences in people’s lives every day. In Greater Cincinnati, we do this with a focus on building a more diverse and inclusive workforce and community.
SUMMARY ES is seeking a VP of Disability Services to advance its mission of 100% equity, inclusion, and access for all. In greater Cincinnati, Easterseals does this with a focus on building a more diverse and inclusive workforce and community.
In a post-pandemic environment that has challenged group service models and upended traditional employment services, the VP of Disability Services sees the opportunity to create meaningful and positive change and is excited by the challenge of building sustainable person-centered models and expanding community employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
The Vice President will lead the agency’s adult day, youth transition, transportation and community employment services. The ideal candidate will have a strong history in growing new and existing program services, developing operational standards, achieving budgetary and financial expectations, delivery excellent customer service, and managing continuous improvement through data-driven decision making. The candidate shares Easterseals’ beliefs of people first, high expectations and forward focus.
- Lead growth efforts through innovating existing supports, developing new programs, and expanding the agency’s geographic reach
- Assure sustainable and fiscally viable services in a changing environment; develop and manage annual operating and capital budgets
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the strategic direction of disability services; set goals, lead efforts to ensure progress toward priority goals and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and aligned with strategic plan and mission of the organization.
- Identify market trends and implement targeted tactics aligned with strengths and opportunities
- Actively participate in the Senior Leadership Team and the strategic planning process of the agency.
- Develop comprehensive plan to market Easterseals’ services and network with families, various funding sources, partners, school systems, and local employers
- Network, communicate, and attend ongoing trainings and meetings with applicable funding, regulatory and accreditation bodies • Direct, coach and manage disability services team
- Assure services meet all federal, state and local requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other agency leaders to reduce organizational redundancy, promote the delivery of integrated person-centered services and achieve the agency’s strategic and annual goals and targets.
- Demonstrate leadership in carrying out the agency’s mission, vision, guiding principles and communicates those values to staff, customers, partners and funding sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of professional senior management experience required, preferably in the human service field.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, associates, general public, and partnering agencies; maintain and promote a good public image.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and meet deadlines.
- Familiar with local, county, state and federal regulations relevant to the operation of the division.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, computer and time management skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to travel to different sites Our Beliefs and Values Our beliefs are core convictions we hold to be true. Our values underpin our culture and are the behaviors we expect when we work and interact with others.
People First: We respect people as individuals with talents and dreams High Expectations: We believe everyone has the potential to achieve and deserves to experience the thrill of success. Forward Focus: We create today’s opportunity by moving beyond yesterdays’ problem.
Courage: We aren’t afraid to take a risk or make a stand.
Tenacity: We are relentless in our pursuit of better.
Growth: We challenge ourselves and others to continually learn and innovate.
Diversity: Our greatest strength is our differences. For more information about Easterseals Tristate, please visit our website at https://www.easterseals.com/gc/
TO APPLY Applications should include a resume, cover letter and where you learned of this position by visiting www.easterseals.com/gc/ and click on “Who We Are”, Careers at Easterseals. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Due to the pace of this search, applications are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Easterseals is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.easterseals.com.