United Way of Greater Cincinnati
United Way of Greater Cincinnati has an immediate opening for a Technology Support Specialist II to provide senior level technology support to junior technology support staff, and through troubleshooting computer systems and software maintenance and repair; and maintains networks and connectivity for users.
Technology Support Specialist II
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Technology Support Specialist II to provide senior level technology support to junior technology support staff, and through troubleshooting computer systems and software maintenance and repair; and maintains networks and connectivity for users. Duties also include supporting, training, and providing backup as tier 2 support to tier one: escalating and coordinating all tier three activities and managing technology infrastructure projects. Additional duties may also include supporting, managing, and developing our campaign digital workplace giving portal sites and platforms.
Tier 2 Support includes: Support of UWGC desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and other end-user devices. Support also includes handling break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software and hardware installations and repairs, and other moderately to overly complex technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery and availability of technology services.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Implements, installs, configures, monitors, troubleshoots, and evaluates existing and new Microsoft Windows server operating systems.
- Responsible for integrations of user workstations, including MAC workstations with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Provides support for junior technology support staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot organization-wide and network-based services: File, Print, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Maintains, monitor, and troubleshoot Windows/Apple environment, not limited to software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot organization-wide messaging, VOIP telephony, and meeting systems.
- Configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot windows and MAC software deployments.
- Monitor, provide, and maintain documentation and procedures for backup processes and retention periods.
- Provide and test backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot cloud services: SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, Teams, Azure AD, Intune, Mobile Device Management.
- Provide Tier 2 support for end-users and technical staff.
- Develop and provide training and technical documentation for Tech staff members.
- Work with vendors in the research, development, and implementation of on-prem and cloud-based services.
- Prepare and maintain written documentation, solution articles and process diagrams.
- Work with vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents.
- Work with vendors in implementing innovative technologies.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of tickets, successful adherence prioritization of tickets and timely communication of updates, resolution, and post-resolution follow-up.
- Accurate, timely and responsive management of incidents, problems, and changes.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed.
- Associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, preferred.
- Four to six years of related work experience and/or training; CompTIA A+, Apple, HDI, ITIL, and/or Microsoft certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in a help desk or IT support setting.
- Four years Network Administration, required.
- Four years Server Administration, required.
- Advance aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Advance knowledge of Macintosh/Apple and Microsoft Products (Windows OS, Server OS, Office Suite), Azure AD, Intune, MDM, PCs, and Printers.
- Knowledge of Antivirus software and other Cybersecurity Applications.
- Knowledge of computers and methodology to operate computer systems and to troubleshoot major computer equipment malfunctions.
- Must be detailed oriented, accurate, and capable of working independently while maintaining a team player attitude.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little assistance.
- Must have interpersonal skills to assist and train others in computer systems and technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Advance knowledge and ability to utilize various computer software programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure services, 0365 services, and Exchange.
- Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems – Windows 2008 – 2012, PC and MAC operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Strong working knowledge of configuration and maintaining VMware and virtual environments.
- Have a working knowledge of IP Telephony.
- Working knowledge PC and MAC hardware and components including processors, motherboards, accessories, cards, and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of PC/MAC/LAN application software including word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail – Microsoft Suite.
- Develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and c-suite.
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff to discuss technical issues pertaining to problems, purchases, or technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of video conferencing hardware and software support.
Competencies: Highly self-motivated and directed; Strong Organization Skills; Detailed Oriented; Technical Aptitude; Able to Maintain Confidentiality; Ethical Conduct; Accountable, Collaborative; Flexible, Nimble and Adaptable; Strong Time Management Skills; Communication Proficiency – Written and Verbal; Strong Analytical and Problem-solving Abilities; Effectively Prioritizes and Executes Tasks; Diversity and Inclusion.
Applicants should apply by Friday, February 19, 2021 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.