Dohn Community High School
Are you a dedicated licensed High School Teacher who respects youth and believes that anyone can learn if properly taught? If so, we would like you to join our passionate team of educators, counselors, and support staff. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of our students.
We are looking for teachers to be contracted for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. Specifically,
- English/Language Arts Teachers = 9-12th grade
- Math Teachers = 9-12th grade
- Social Studies Teachers = 9-12th grade
- Science Teachers = 9-12th grade
What We Offer Our Teachers: The opportunity to work in a team environment desiring to educate tomorrow’s future, Flexible Friday Off schedule, Tuition reimbursement, Opportunity for advancement.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Director and the Curriculum Coordinator, you will provide valuable instruction ensuring a quality education to students in the environment we have found over 20 years of success.
Traditional Classroom Teacher – Teaching high school level classes and supporting students in a traditional classroom setting.
Credit Recovery Teacher – Teach a class for students in grades 9-12 who need to make up course credits. The curriculum will be delivered online via a credit recovery program, teacher led instruction and one on one interactions with the students.
EMPLOYMENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Ohio state certification in teaching in appropriate subject areas.
- BA/BS degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching experience.
- Appropriate criminal records check by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and/or Federal Bureau of Investigation, and meets all health requirements as mandated by law
- Possess a strong knowledge of Ohio’s academic content standards and have experience in standards-based assessment and instructional practices, including progress monitoring.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular basis.
- Meet professional teaching standards and requirements of school, district and state.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand the needs of dropout, homeless and youth with extreme barriers with sensitivity and compassion
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers to interpret and produce numeric representations of student data, and use it to drive instructional decisions
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes and growth
- Ability to impact student achievement through mentoring, motivation, and monitoring practices
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning and spark the desire to learn.
- Create lessons that meet state guidelines and can be modified to support the needs of all students.
- Maintain an inclusive, safe and engaging classroom where students thrive, and discipline is delivered with sensitivity and respect in accordance with the rules and regulations of the school.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use assessment data to adjust teaching strategies.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in the classroom.
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse, cultural, economic and racial backgrounds.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as: social activities, clubs, and student organizations as directed.
- Grow and develop professionally.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to positively engage with students, families and staff.
- Implement Board of Trustees and school administration policies, rules, regulations and directives.
- Effectively complete other duties that are assigned as long as they are consistent with the policies of the Board of Trustees and the school administration.
Send resume to Anita Allen • Human Resources email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org