Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident- centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents.
The Staff Accountant is a full-time position and is responsible for carrying out the mission of the organization by managing and executing the day-to-day accounting activities. Statements included in this description reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing Background:
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident- centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents. We provide the Property Management, Property Development, Resident Services and Tenant Advocacy that enable the thriving, diverse community we enjoy today.
OTRCH traces its roots back to RESTOC (1978) and Over the Rhine Housing Network (1988). Today OTRCH owns 102 buildings and manages over 475 units of housing. In 2017 OTRCH served 1,071 households.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to develop electronic documents.
- Ability to organize work and problem solve.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with low-income residents, public officials, funding entities, and other professionals.
- Receive and sorts all bills and invoices.
- Route invoices to Directors of departments for approval.
- Enter approved bills into Yardi Voyager (or accounting software) and prepare voucher packets including receiving documents and Purchase Orders (as applicable) for payment.
- Receive and reconcile bank statements for all entities for Controller review
- Follow-up on outstanding checks, deposits, or reconciling differences.
- Prepare Supportive Housing Rent, Shelter Plus Care Rent, and Utility payments based on approved rent schedules provided by Resident Services dept.; reconciles final billing to general ledger.
- Tracks HUD Supportive Housing and Shelter Plus Care expenses both direct and indirect; provides indirect grant allocation summary to Controller monthly.
- Coordinates benefit enrollment and payments for employee benefits (insurance only).
- Manages utility payments for all properties via check or online payment processing.
- Works with vendors and contractors on any invoicing or payment issues.
- Assist Finance Director and the Property Management team with recording rent payments from 3rd party entities in Yardi Voyager.
- Assures financial recording(s) are in compliance with funding entity requirements.
- Follows established financial policies and procedures per Finance dept. guidelines.
Please submit your resume by 5pm on Friday, January 15, 2021.
If you have the prerequisite experience and skills and a strong desire to make a difference please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com or Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, 114 W. 14th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Please note: Candidates must have a sincere commitment to social and economic justice. Only candidates with passion and energy need apply.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org