United Way of Greater Cincinnati
The Senior Manager, Community Impact is responsible for the strategy development, implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of United Way’s grantmaking program. The role will work closely with other team members to ensure that the grantmaking program is implemented with consistently high standards of accessibility, equity, effective and efficient processes, positive communications, and supportive interactions with applicants and reviewers. In supporting the overall impact strategy of the organization, the Senior Manager will work closely with colleagues to design and implement grantmaking programs that align to systems change, knowledge creation, and targeted impact goals of each United Way program and initiative.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support Strategy and Provide Operational Leadership for United Ways Grantmaking Programs:
- Coordinate with other staff to design grant making strategy and grants processes to achieve the goals of the investment process and align to organizational values.
- Provide oversight to the grants administration function, suggest improvements and enhance the experience for all parties.
- Lead due diligence on grant applicants and create processes that support decision making on prospective grants.
- Ensure Best Practice, Innovation and Improvement in Grantmaking Programs:
- Stay up-to-date on grantmaking best practices including those related to equity and community grantmaking.
- Partner with United Way staff to coordinate and develop best practices.
- Ensure grantmaking supports the systems change, learning and impact goals of the organization.
- Research, Data and Knowledge Management:
- Support data management and evaluation practices and processes.
- In coordination with Knowledge Center, develop and deliver reporting mechanisms at regular intervals.
- Coordinate internal communications regarding status of philanthropic activities.
- Relationship Management:
- Develop collaborative relationships with community partners, other philanthropic organizations, and colleagues to support United Way’s role in community grantmaking.
- Provide excellent supports to grant seekers to ensure an accessible, equitable, and positive relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Successfully manages multiple programs simultaneously.
- Works well under deadline pressure and meets timeline requirements.
- Stays up to date on industry and regulatory trends.
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service focused workstyle.
- Demonstration/ evidence of strong technical skills and/or specific experience with MS products, data systems and/or grant management software (ex. Salesforce, E-CImpact, Typeform, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Forms, etc.)
- Frequent local travel to events within the regional area; some out of town travel for national conferences or trainings.
Applicants should apply by Friday, September 24, 2021, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.