Regional Development (Hamilton and Middletown Campuses): Regional Grant Specialist to support, encourage and collaborate with faculty and staff on the crafting of grant proposals.
- Research and identify prospective funding sources
- Work with senior administration, faculty, staff and students to determine their interests and needs
- Collaborate with the primary investigators (PIs), sometimes leading the process of writing on select grant proposals and manage their overall production
- Gather information and background research for proposals
- Work with staff from the Office of Advancement of Research and Scholarship to ensure accurate proposal budgets, comply with their regulations and coordinate proposal submissions and relationships with private and public funding sources
- Ensure that proposals are delivered in a timely manner
- Help coordinate overall grants administration with appropriate University offices
- Track and present results of external funding efforts
- Help educate faculty and staff regarding external funding
- Attend staff meetings on Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown and VOALC as appropriate
- Participate in professional development and other training opportunities
- Serve as a member of the External Relations and Communications team
- Participate in writing projects as needed
Require: Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of successful grant proposal experience; excellent writing skills; self-starter; team player; and attention to detail. This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
Desire: Four (4) years of grant proposal experience with proven track records of obtaining grants, Higher Education experience and experience with research administration electronic tools and funding opportunity databases. Strong preference for candidates with experience with federal and state proposals.
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496445. Direct inquiries to Ellen Paxton at email@example.com. Review of applications begins January 21, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.miamioh.edu.