Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio
For more than 85 years, Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region has been the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate for Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky communities.
Exciting career opportunity to become one of PPSWO’s biggest advocates!
Jointly with Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio (PPSWO) and Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio (PPAO), the Regional Field Manager coordinates and implements a field and volunteer organizing program designed to create a strong, diverse regional movement working for reproductive health equity, access and freedom. The advocacy issues include preventive healthcare, family planning, contraceptives, comprehensive sex education, abortion and other issues that intersect in our patient and supporter communities.
- Recruits, trains and develops supporters, action network members, online activists and volunteer leaders. Tracks and records data measuring membership participation.
- In conjunction with other departments, builds upon existing relationships and creates new partnerships with community organizations to strengthen PPSWO/PPAO visibility, credibility and messaging.
- Manages volunteer communications, including email, social media, phone banking, texting banking, canvassing, rapid response action and advocacy event recruitment. Recruits for, runs training for and manages affiliate advocacy programs, including Health Center Advocacy, Community Ambassadors Program, Healthy Community Canvassing, Planned Parenthood Generation Action, Action Councils, and Speakers Bureau, among others.
- Works with members of campus (Planned Parenthood Generation Action) programs to train volunteer advocates and to develop and oversee campus organizing programs.
- Provides regular reports and internal messaging to PPSWO staff and board(s) on legislation, advocacy and events.
- Recruits patients and volunteers to share their stories. Recruits and develops storytellers as patient advocates. Works with other departments to integrate story sharing into marketing, advocacy, communications, development and lobbying.
- Coordinates and leads PPSWO participation in community outreach events and speaking opportunities, in partnership with other departments.
- Monitors PPFA messaging, guidance and strategy, integrating them into regional programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred; or comparative experience in organizing, campaigns and/or volunteer management.
- Previous experience in grassroots campaigns.
- Interest in reproductive health care and marginalized communities issues. Commitment to reproductive freedom and to the goals, mission, and objectives of PPSWO and PPAO.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation, and image) skills, and the ability to move people to action.
- Excellent time and project management skills. Ability to coordinate several simultaneous projects and events.
- Strong computer skills, including database and internet proficiency.
- Ability to work professionally in an often tense environment.
- Ability to function well as a team member.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity in dealing with clients sexuality and reproductive healthcare choices.
- Able to write and speak English.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be self-directed with ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license and show evidence of valid automobile insurance coverage. Must be willing to travel.
Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation and gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.