Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF)
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary.
Pay range: $40,000-$45,000
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1624
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1623
GCF is Silver Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
The Receptionist manages the Foundation’s initial point of contact and establishes the public’s first impression of the Foundation, providing a key welcoming and stewardship role for GCF. The Receptionist operates the switchboard and provides a professional, warm and helpful welcome to all callers. The Receptionist assists callers to reach the person they are seeking or another staff member who can help them with their request for service. This position is a key element of GCF’s customer service orientation and reports to the HR Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Office Reception
- Welcome guests promptly in a courteous and professional manner
- Create a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Keep reception area neat and clean
- Answer and direct phone calls in a courteous and professional manner with direction to appropriate staff member or conference room
- Ensuring each guest sign into Envoy upon arrival
- Management of general email box
- Management of general voicemail box
- Office Support
- Process daily mail, receive and sort
- Post all outgoing mail and deliver it to the mailbox
- Responsible for notifying building security of guests for gate entry
- Office Administrator back-up
- Office Inventory/Supply Ordering
- Payment requests
- Vendor maintenance
- Staff Support
- Staff sympathy ordering (flowers, baskets, special cards, etc.)
- Staff ordering (birthday, anniversary, farewell gifts)
- Assist with various projects per department as needed
- WOW team 1st chain of command management and receptionist coverage organizer
- Management of staff birthdays adds/deletions/invites
- Donor Services and Private Foundations
- Prepare greeting cards (birthday, anniversary) for donors and prospects as well as handling requests for special cards (i.e., get well, congratulations, etc.) as they arise.
- Obituary review to ensure salesforce is updated promptly with deceased donor contact/household record information
- Update/add details to salesforce records (household/organization edits)
- Maintain Hub conference rooms
- Maintain conference room supplies and ensure adequate supplies are kept
- Ensure Jabra’s are charged at the end of the week and redistributed on Mondays
- Hub IT /AV Support
- Book External Hub meetings and events
- Catering Kitchenette
- Keep catering kitchen clean and tidy
- Keep Hub fridge stocked and wiped down
- Wipe down stainless-steel appliances
- Maintain Hub coffee machine supplies
- Ensuring coffee machine has coffee and creamer daily
- Stocking coffee creamer, sugars, stirrers daily
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree and at least two years’ experience in an administrative support position; or at least five years’ experience in a similar administrative support position or comparable experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact well with donors, volunteers and GCF staff.
- Must exhibit clear aptitude and warm personal style for interacting with the public by telephone and in person.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.
If interested, please apply on our website at https://www.gcfdn.org/About-Us/Employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.