United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Receptionist and Meeting Coordinator
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Receptionist and Meeting Coordinator to perform a wide range of administrative duties of a highly responsible and complex nature. Serves as a liaison with others within and outside the organization regarding events, purchasing, personnel, facilities, information technology, and operations. Also serves as the front desk administrative assistant who coordinates and supports convening meetings held at UWGC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls. Greets, directs and escorts internal and external customers, donors, and volunteers, fielding questions and inquiries.
- Coordinates and supports convening meetings for internal and external groups who use our facilities. This includes coordinating and scheduling meetings, obtain required usage agreements, greeting attendees for meetings, assistance with technology usage in the facility, room setup, catering support, billing support, and coordination with IT and facilities on equipment repairs.
- Trains and introduces new employees and volunteers to the convening center systems and processes of the UWGC and the team.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail as well as prepares outgoing mail and other correspondence. Responds to incoming mail and other materials not requiring the attention of the manager(s) supported.
- Provides optimum support to assigned departments by remaining aware of departmental goals, providing ongoing communication, and organizing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Coordinates schedules, makes and tracks appointments, coordinates and arranges meetings, preparing agendas, reserving and preparing facilities as needed and overall coordinating and execution.
- Supports department personnel by assisting with copying, faxing, filing, mailing, typing and proofreading letters and reports and other tasks of a similar nature.
Job Relationships With: Interacts with team members at all levels of the UWGC organization, UWGC Board members and volunteers, external partners, and UWGC tenants.
- High school graduate or its equivalent; some business school or college training with a major in secretarial science is preferable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Work requires the ability to properly read and write well enough to type, edit, and proof general business correspondence and prepare reports.
- Position requires excellent organizational, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds is required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Position hours – workday is 7.5 hours typically between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; however schedule may vary to provide occasional support of evening and Saturday meetings.
COMPETENCIES: Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient, Professional Appearance, Friendly and Engaging
Applicants should apply by Tuesday, November 30, 2021, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.