UpSpring provides educational and enrichment programming, school supplies and transportation, and other specialized services to thousands of children experiencing homelessness each year in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Description: The Program Manager’s primary role is to work collaboratively with the Program Director and other Program Manager (Program Team); ensuring success of existing academic and enrichment programming with community organizations and school districts serving children experiencing homelessness.
Scope of Duties:
- Responsible for managing designated program sites (including UpSpring After School and UpSpring Summer 360°) ensuring they are meeting stated objectives, following applicable policies, and effectively furthering the organization’s mission in alignment with our core values.
- In concert with Program Team, successfully deliver UpSpring Resource Collaborative programming
- Work with Executive Director & Program Team on evaluating, improving, and expanding programming, in alignment with the strategic goals of the Organization.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- In concert with Program Team, annually hire, onboard and oversee seasonal staff for Summer 360° program site(s).
- Promote, develop, and manage partnerships between UpSpring and partnering districts, agencies and organizations to further the impact of our mission
- Compile, monitor and assess cumulative data as it pertains to partnering programs and services rendered
- Work collaboratively with city, state and national homeless liaisons to ensure continuity and best practices for all children experiencing homelessness
- Work collaboratively with UpSpring Board of Trustees and office personnel to advance the foundation’s mission and vision
- In concert with Program Team, management and evaluation of UpSpring Summer 360° staff
- Volunteer coordination as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, nonprofit management, social work, or other relevant field
- A Masters or other post-graduate degree in education, nonprofit management, social work or other relevant field
- Two years of experience implementing programming with children
- Two years of nonprofit or other relevant experience, particularly in a leadership role
- Experience in the fields of education, children’s issues, and/or homelessness/poverty
Qualities, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task and complete a varied set of tasks in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrates passion for organization’s mission,
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Comfortable working in a small team atmosphere
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and other computer programs related to duties
Please send the following materials to Alex Kuhns, (email@example.com) by April 25th: Resume, cover letter (detailing relevant experience).
Salary range is ~$40k annually relative to experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org