Website Public Allies Cincinnati
Founded in 1992, Public Allies is a values-based national leadership organization focused on developing a pipeline of diverse leaders to address the country’s most pressing issues.
Public Allies’ mission is to create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it. Public Allies is a national movement changing the face and practice of leadership in communities across the country by demonstrating its conviction that everyone can lead, and that lasting social change results when citizens of all backgrounds step up, take responsibility, and work together.
Founded in 1992, Public Allies (www.publicallies.org) is a values-based national leadership organization focused on developing a pipeline of diverse leaders to address the country’s most pressing issues. Public Allies operates a nationally recognized nonprofit apprenticeship program, in partnership with AmeriCorps, in 25 sites across 22 states.
The Public Allies Cincinnati Program Team consists of two Program Managers who work in support of each other to lead and manage Public Allies programs. The Program Managers work under the direction of the Executive Director to manage and implement a 10-month leadership and professional development program targeting emerging leaders, in partnership with non-profit and government agencies.
The Program Manager leading Ally Development is responsible for the planning and delivery of leadership training curriculum, continuous learning tools and Ally mentorship program. This position also includes managing and coaching 12-15 Allies, along with the corresponding partner placements, supporting community partner recruitment, planning retreats and events, and supporting overall site growth.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to create and deliver curriculum, with strong focus on issues of equity and social justice; Experience coaching diverse individuals; Strong logistical planning; Collaborative workstyle while adapting to new initiatives
The Program Manager’s specific responsibilities include:
- Lead implementation of high quality leadership development curriculum, including identifying diverse speakers and training locations, and facilitating workshops that prepare Allies for social change careers.
- Lead the logistical planning of retreats, service days, and reflection tools, in keeping with National’s standards
- Document and assess program activities to ensure achievement of programmatic outcomes and improvement of future implementation
- Coach 12-15 Allies from intentionally diverse backgrounds; Provide support through individual and group coaching, ongoing management, and providing direct feedback
- Build relationships and provide support to Partner Organizations
- Manage Ally mentor program
- Complete administrative duties, including maintaining files and timely and regular AmeriCorps reporting
- Work with all staff to support program innovations that increase impact and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications:
- Commitment to Public Allies’ Core Values of Collaboration, Integrity, Continuous Learning, Focus on Assets, Diversity and Inclusion and Innovation
- At least 2 years professional experience working with diverse populations providing leadership development and/or significant work or involvement in the local nonprofit community.
- Commitment to social, racial, economic, and restorative justice and experience implementing social justice training and best practices for adult education
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities. Attention to detail is key in this role
- Ability and flexibility to facilitate a group through a process that leads to results
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Familiarity and comfort engaging with diverse populations and various learning styles, exhibit diplomacy and conflict resolution skills, and strong personal initiative
- Strong links to community based organizations, educational institutions, and training professionals
- Openness and ability to learn from experience and change course of action to meet the needs of the organization’s evolving environment;
- Positive, growth mindset;
- Open-minded and objective with eagerness to continuously improve the organization’s systems and ability to achieve its outcomes for leaders, organizations, and communities;
- Creative problem solver;
- Self-starter, self-driven;
- Must have own transportation for field work; Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Public Allies is an equal opportunity employer. Public Allies does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity, descent or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time position with health, dental, vacation, and 401K benefits.
Projected Start Date:
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “Program Manager-Ally Development” in the subject line. Please submit application materials on or before May 20, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org