St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati’s Ozanam Center for Service Learning
St. Vincent de Paul - Cincinnati’s Ozanam Center for Service Learning fosters communities of compassion, understanding, and justice through the engagement of individuals in service, education, and reflection.
St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati’s Ozanam Center for Service Learning fosters communities of compassion, understanding, and justice through the engagement of individuals in service, education, and reflection. Our programs seek to connect people from diverse backgrounds, engage participants in poverty and justice issues in Cincinnati, and grow a commitment to long-term service and systemic change. SVDP is seeking a mission-driven, action-oriented individual who is passionate about issues of faith, service, and social justice for the role of Ozanam Center Program Manager.
Scope of Position: The Program Manager is responsible for leading a team to create, plan and facilitate service immersion retreats and workshops. The Program Manager collaborates with SVDP staff, community partners and volunteers to inspire participants through transformative service learning experiences. The Program Manager cultivates existing relationships and works to build new relationships with local schools, parishes, universities and professional and faith-based groups. The Program Manager is a full-time position, with full benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Work weeks vary seasonally and include night/weekend work, including flexibility in work schedule.
Job Responsibilities: A lead staff person who:
- Maintains communication and builds strong professional relationships, serving as a liaison with parties interested in retreats, area community partners and service learning center volunteers. This includes overseeing Center calendar consistent with Strategic Plan and actively recruiting volunteers to support Center programming.
- Staffs all retreats and programs, ensuring qualified retreat leaders utilizing Ozanam Center team, trained volunteers and support staff.
- Supervises Service Learning Program Coordinator, contract staff, interns and volunteers.
- Oversees implementation of Center Strategic Plan, in collaboration with Director of Service Learning.
- Develops service learning curriculum addressing current social justice issues, integrating Catholic Social Teaching and Vincentian spirituality.
- Tracks performance measures for Ozanam Center Programming.
- With Director of Service Learning, manages Ozanam Center finances within budget.
- Supports Program Coordinator in collaborating with local universities and high schools to support existing school-based SVDP Conferences and nurture new local school-based Conferences.
- Continue to develop and improve all Ozanam Center publicity and communication platforms.
- Participate in Greater Cincinnati Service Learning Network and other relevant community organizations.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience—preferably in field of service learning, human services, nonprofit leadership, volunteer coordination or faith and social justice-related field.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- An ability to communicate well orally and in writing; the ability to effectively relate to people of different cultural and economic backgrounds in person and in group settings is essential.
- A desire and proven ability to lead a dynamic and cooperative team is necessary. Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Applicants must be VIRTUS certified or achieve VIRTUS certification prior to start date.
- A working knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and an openness to fostering the spirituality of St. Vincent de Paul is desired.
Operate a computer keyboard. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. Ability to see for purposes of reading printed material. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels. Ability to speak so that others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Must be able to travel throughout Greater Cincinnati to share the work of St. Vincent de Paul with diverse groups and organizations; a valid driver’s license is optimal.
More information on our organization is available at SVDPcincinnati.org.
Candidates should forward current resume & cover letter, reference contacts, and salary expectations to:
Director of Service Learning
Society of St Vincent de Paul, Cincinnati District Council
1125 Bank Street
Cincinnati, OH 45214-2130
Please include “Ozanam Center Program Manager” in your subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com