Leadership Council for Nonprofits
The mission of Leadership Council for Nonprofits is to maximize the impact of nonprofit organizations, develop their leaders and strengthen the community. We work with our growing group of local nonprofit agencies (almost 250 agencies strong) to build capacity, connect, collaborate with and learn from each other in order to meet the needs of the community.
Job Title: BOLD Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: program intern(s)
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Basic Function: Collaborate with the Executive Director and BOLD steering committee members to continually refine the vision, strategy, goals and plans of the BOLD program to fulfill the vision of building a pipeline of diverse, educated, and prepared servant leaders who are launched into our nonprofit community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategy and vision: in collaboration with the Executive Director and the BOLD steering committee, shape the vision and provide strategic planning to achieve the BOLD vision of building a pipeline of diverse, educated, and prepared servant leaders who are launched into our nonprofit community.
- Marketing, recruitment and placement: in collaboration with various subcommittees develop and execute marketing plans, review and select applicants, support participants before, during and after graduation.
- Curriculum development & deployment: continue to refine curriculum to develop best practices of board leadership, research deployment options to broaden access to BOLD programming
- Networking, relationships, sponsorship, grants: Represent BOLD to community partners – both for profit and nonprofit. Develop network of key allies and influencers and sponsors. Represent BOLD in public speaking engagements, interviews, written articles, etc.
- Financial oversight: Responsible for the budget and financial health of the BOLD programming; monitor and evaluate the ongoing progress and implement course correction when needed.
Criteria for Measuring Performance:
- BOLD programming meets participation and placement goals, and budget projections.
- Growth of BOLD’s excellent reputation on the local level and beyond.
- Consistent and timely progress toward the BOLD goals
- Growth and engagement of the BOLD committee’s and interns
- Strong familiarity and experience with the nonprofit sector
- Practical or studied understanding of board dynamics and best practices
- Proven relationship building experiences in the community – both for profit and nonprofit and you know how to inspire others with your passion.
- You “own” your projects, prioritize your activities and are adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Enjoy working independently and with teams to help build excellent programming
- You can grow BOLD, grow into the position, and into a larger role with Leadership Council.
- You offer something special that sets you apart from all the other candidates
- Must be able to independently travel to various venues, meetings, etc.
- May require some evenings for events or trainings
Leadership Council for Nonprofits does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/1/21.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com