UpSpring provides educational and enrichment programming, school supplies & transportation, and other specialized services to thousands of children experiencing homelessness each year in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Organization: UpSpring provides educational and enrichment programming, school supplies & transportation, and other specialized services to thousands of children experiencing homelessness each year in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Title: Program Director
Description: The Program Director’s primary role is to oversee all aspects of existing academic and enrichment programs while developing new partnerships and programming with community organizations and school districts serving children experiencing homelessness.
Scope of Duties:
- Oversee all programs to ensure they are meeting stated objectives, following applicable policies, and effectively furthering the Organization’s mission, and in alignment with our core values.
- Work with Executive Director and other staff on evaluating, improving, and expanding programming, in alignment with strategic goals of the Organization.
- Works closely with Development Director to identify volunteer needs, in-kind donation needs, and other relevant opportunities to strengthen engagement and programming
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Annually hire, onboard and oversee seasonal staff for all Summer 360° program sites.
- Promote, develop, and manage partnerships between UpSpring and partnering districts, agencies and organizations to further the impact of our mission
- Compile, monitor and assess cumulative data as it pertains to partnering programs and services rendered
- Work collaboratively with city, state and national homeless liaisons to ensure continuity and best practices for all children experiencing homelessness
- Work collaboratively with UpSpring Board of Trustees and office personnel to advance the organization’s mission and vision
- Develop program proposals, budgets and assessments for the purpose of meeting UpSpring’s goals and expanding educational services
- Responsible for the management and evaluation of all Program staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, nonprofit management, business, or other relevant field
- Three years of experience implementing educational programming with children
- A Masters or other post-graduate degree in education, nonprofit management, social services or other relevant field
- Five years of nonprofit or other relevant experience, particularly in a management or leadership role
- Experience in the fields of education, children’s issues, and/or homelessness/poverty
Qualities, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task and complete a varied set of tasks in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrates passion for organization’s mission,
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Comfortable working in a small team atmosphere
- Experience with creating and monitoring budgets
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and other computer programs related to duties, as well as social media proficiency
- Ability to lift heavy objects, up to 50 lbs. in weight
- Reliable transportation to and from office as well as varying community sites
Please send the following materials to Alex Kuhns, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 17, 2020: cover letter detailing relevant experience, resume and three professional references. Alex Kuhns, 513.884.1860, PO Box 23300, Cincinnati, OH 45223, email@example.com, 4 weeks
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org