The University of Cincinnati Foundation
The Program Director, Alumni and Donor Experience is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating programs that strategically engage and provide tangible benefits to graduates and donors of the College of Medicine to build affinity for the University of Cincinnati, the College and the UC Alumni Association. The position supports the UCAA’s College & Constituent Relations team, and is responsible for developing and executing programs and events that promote alumni and donor engagement campus-wide through college-based programs, with significant responsibility related to volunteer management, relationship building and program development.
- Serve as primary liaison between the University of Cincinnati Alumni Association and the College of Medicine to ensure mutual understanding and support of priorities.
- Work with alumni association and college leadership to develop and execute on annual and long-term strategic goals to provide inclusive and diverse engagement opportunities that connect college-based alumni and donors to fellow alumni, donors, students, the college and association.
- Develop and track relationships with college-based alumni and donors locally and nationally to promote participation and leadership in the college’s alumni activities and donor opportunities, in collaboration with the colleges’ development staff through active participation in the donor cultivation process; identify and engage prospects and steward donors through alumni outreach and engagement efforts.
- Form strong working relationships with important internal and external partners related to the College of Medicine including the college’s faculty and staff. Serve as a resource for academic department inquiries and requests related to alumni relations.
- Execute on annual signature experiences from ideation through implementation; including Homecoming and Alumni Week events, and other potential activities including but not limited to: professional networking, class reunions, alumni panel discussions, faculty lectures, student-alumni engagement activities, partnered professional organization receptions, academic unit level alumni programming and corporate alumni outreach.
- Integrate opportunities for donor recognition into overall alumni engagement strategy and experiences, including class reunions.
- Manage the College of Medicine Alumni Executive Council and communicate with volunteer leaders regularly regarding college-wide and university initiatives and events.
- Draft and manage content for relevant college-based alumni communications including electronic communications, web content, print brochures, invitations and letters in coordination with College of Medicine marketing and communications staff. Provide alumni and donor content for inclusion in general college-based communications.
- Identify outstanding alumni worthy of college- and university-wide recognition through various awards programs, driving nomination calendar and process in cooperation with the dean’s office, the alumni association and the college’s development staff.
- Inform querying processes for targeted communications to college and academic program specific alumni and donors and ensure data integrity for the central database and other key data sources.
- Partner with industry specific professional organizations through select local, state and/or national meetings, events and/or professional business conferences.
- Manage revenue and expenses, operating within budget, for signature events and college-based alumni engagement activities.
- Proactively report on progress and challenges in annual and long-term goals, and assist the Executive Director of Alumni and Donor Experience and Senior Director, Alumni and Donor Experience, as requested in budget and program development matters.
- Represent the college’s alumni programs at various internal and external functions through targeted outreach and engagement efforts.
- Participate with industry specific professional organizations, specifically CASE V.
- Participate in overall alumni association programming and initiatives, as directed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of volunteer management, event planning, external relations or closely related experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Candidates should possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated service orientation and diplomacy; the ability to multi-task; be highly organized and detail-oriented, effective organizational and time management skills; an independent worker with adept problem-solving and project management skills, a strategic and critical thinker; and an enthusiastic and energetic attitude.
- Must be willing to travel, and work evenings and weekends as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
This position is considered to have medium work. Exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle. This position also requires:
- Finger use
- Repetitive motion of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers
While performing the duties of this job, this position is subject to outside environmental conditions and indoor conditions.
The University of Cincinnati Foundation seeks talented, collaborative and mission-focused individuals to join our advancement team in driving philanthropic support for the University of Cincinnati and UC Health. All offers of full-time employment are contingent upon passing a criminal background check and drug test. Positions requiring a degree are also contingent upon education verification.
The University of Cincinnati Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We are taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and people that are differently abled. We know there are great candidates who won’t match everything we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t considered. Apply and tell us about yourself!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.