Greater Cincinnati Foundation
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary.
Non-Exempt Hourly – Up to $20.00/Hour
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1624
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1623
GCF is Silver Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
The Marketing Coordinator provides support for Greater Cincinnati Foundation’s (GCF) internal and external communications, marketing efforts, including event management support, general communications and marketing duties. The Marketing Coordinator works under the overall direction of the Marketing Manager.
This position requires a high degree of collaboration and cooperation with staff in all GCF groups as well as outside vendors and community partners.
This position is under 25 hours/week, non-exempt and considered part-time position with GCF.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing Support
- Support Marketing team with information gathering, scheduling, or other tasks that facilitate the production of materials and another department business.
- Receive requests for Marketing team support and work with cross-functional teams.
- Support media relations efforts by assisting with media monitoring and tracking system.
- Support advertising and sponsorship efforts by tracking deadlines and production needs.
- Maintain a system for central print and electronic files and archiving for the organization.
- Support the maintenance print and electronic photo files.
- Support event planning as needed with correspondence, database support and on-site attendance and support for some events (at times in the evening).
- Coordinate equipment, inventory, and supplies for marketing team activities and projects, including camera equipment, printed materials, promotional items and others.
- Support project management and coordination of marketing activities including copywriting, social media, and analytics tracking.
- Coordinate logistics including venues, catering, audio/visual needs, decorations, entertainment, etc.
- Using Salesforce and/or CRM tools to manage individual and organization records, develop invitation lists and track reservations, enter contact logs and maintain a record of attendees following events.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience in marketing, communications and/or events to support the marketing team and cross-functional GCF teams.
- Experience in copywriting, social media management and mailings preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required. Knowledge of database management, email marketing systems or other project tracking systems preferable. Ability to learn and research other applications that may benefit event management highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Analytics and Pardot CRM highly desirable.
- Ability to manage (or become proficient at) complex database tasks including mail merges, events management and CRM contact logs.
- Strong customer service attitude, time management skills and professional communications.
- Ability to complete assignments independently, professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments coming from multiple people.
- Desired personal traits: team player, flexible, organized, efficient and energetic.
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.