Website Ohio Valley Voices
Ohio Valley Voices is a 501C3 organization that teaches children that are deaf and hard of hearing how to listen and talk.
|Job Title:||Marketing Assistant
|Department/Group:||Development||Job Code/ Req#:||Job Code/ Req#|
|Location:||Loveland, Ohio||Travel Required:||Local|
|Level/Salary Range:||$30,000||Position Type:||Fulltime with benefits|
|HR Contact:||Wendy Pace||Date Posted:||April 22, 2021|
|Reports to:||Director of Development and Marketing||Posting Expires:||May 22, 2021|
|Applications Accepted By:|
Subject Line: Marketing Assistant
Ohio Valley Voices
6642 Branch Hill-Guinea Pike
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Ohio Valley Voices Marketing Assistant Job Description
Ohio Valley Voices is a 501C3 organization that teaches children that are deaf and hard of hearing how to listen and talk. Learn more about our programs and services by visiting our website at www.ohiovalleyvoices.org.
The Marketing Assistant supports the development department at Ohio Valley Voices.
- Work with the Event Coordinator and the Director of Development and Marketing (DDM) to create sponsorship proposals, brochures, invitations, and other marketing and communication materials
- Work with the DDM to create all mailing including the spring and year-end appeal letters
- Assist with events, fundraisers, prospect parties, receptions, etc.
- Responsible for writing, editing, updating and fact checking all marketing and communication materials
- Supports the Marketing and Communication Committee.
- Working with the Marketing and Development Associate (MDA) to create and emailing the OVV monthly stakeholder newsletter
- Responsible for all Social Media updates including blogs, vlogs and thought leader materials
- Working with the DDM and the MDA to create and execute on all on-line giving initiatives
- Create and send out all Press releases and follow-up with the Media
- Creates, manages, and executes on the organizations Marketing and Communication Strategies
- Responsible for managing and growing our Cause Marketing programs and partnerships
- Will maintain and grow a portfolio of major gift donors
An ideal candidate would also have the following qualities:
Anticipating Needs: The Marketing Assistant understands their role is about giving back time to the DDM and other key leaders so they can concentrate on the strategic side of the business.
Resourcefulness: Resourcefulness is an intangible, innate ability that all Marketing Assistant possesses. The Marketing Assistant must know when and how to take appropriate action.
A Self-Starter, Who Sees the Big Picture: The Marketing Assistant must be able to visualize the big picture, even while it’s still embryonic, so they can support their team members without needing constant supervision and direction. They are capable of independent thought and independent action.
Organizational Skills: Marketing Assistant will immediately bring order to chaos. The Marketing Assistant knows the immediate status of each project they are working on. They have streamlined procedures in place. Everything they need is at their fingertips.
Focused: A Marketing Assistant job is one of constant interruption. They must be able to juggle numerous projects and even after being pulled away from a task repeatedly, must be able to return to it and get it finished on time.
Persistent: Every high performing Marketing Assistant will tell you; you can’t get much done without sheer persistence and diligent follow up. If they’re to make things happen, Marketing Assistant can’t back away from something the first time someone says no. They must be comfortable insisting on getting the results they need without being confrontational.
Scrupulous About Details: Assuring a high quality of communication and service requires an obsessive attention to detail. Whether it is infallible proof reading, spelling, or board meetings and events organized down to the last detail, nothing is missing or overlooked, because Marketing Assistant are scrupulous with the details.
Always Discreet: A Marketing Assistant shows excellent discretion in all communication.
Excellent Data Base Management Skills: Ohio Valley Voices uses Donor Perfect and Constant Contact.
Excellent Communication Skills: Marketing Assistant are Masters of Communication with strong speaking and writing skills. Because the Marketing Assistant frequently speaks on behalf of the development office, they must convey an air of authority, competence, and clarity.
Integrity: The Marketing Assistant must always know right from wrong and be fully invested in doing the right thing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org