United Way of Greater Cincinnati
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Manager, Success By 6 to advance the work of Success By 6 as the backbone organization in the early learning space for kindergarten readiness by providing leadership for our Cincinnati and Hamilton County based partnerships. This work supports both internal projects aligned to organizational priorities and the broader early learning ecosystem aligned to the StriveTogether Theory of Action. Our community has many programs working in silos. The goal is break down those silos and move partners to working together as a system that better serves children and families with equity at the center. With the support of the Cradle to Career Cincinnati team, collaborating with practitioners and leaders across the ecosystem to continually assess its capacity to drive impact, and to identify, negotiate, and manage initiatives that have the potential to achieve transformative, sustainable outcomes on behalf of children.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Cincinnati Early Success Network Strategy and Learning: 70%
- Collaborate with leaders, practitioners, students, families, schools and communities across the ecosystem to continually assess its capacity to drive impact for children birth to six.
- Regularly meets with stakeholders to remain informed of activities and practices related to early learning.
- Stay abreast of relevant research and best practices in the early learning space.
- Provide leadership by building relationships, identifying/convening potential early childhood partners and defining needs and assets of prioritized communities.
- Develop individual local action plans aligned to the Success By 6 strategic framework and StriveTogether Theory of Action; implement key tactics, connect key players and opportunities and measure progress/results ensuring a shared community vision, evidence-based decision making, collaborative action, and investment and sustainability.
- Convene larger set of Hamilton County partners (of cross sector leaders across all priority communities) to ensure sharing of and learnings from experiences, resources and results.
- Strategic Support: 20%
- Facilitate the ongoing engagement of diverse project teams, which include YMCA Cradle to Career staff and external stakeholders required to implement projects.
- Works with the Director of Success by 6 to monitor progress toward meeting project objectives.
- Communicate progress to community stakeholders and leaders.
- Provide specific support in serving as primary connection to Community Impact Team on early childhood programming and collection and sharing of most up-to-date early childhood research and best practices across the nation.
- Other External Opportunities/Professional Development: 10%
- Represent Success by 6, Cradle To Career Cincinnati and Early Success Network on key external committees where the work aligns.
- Create and execute individual development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of early childhood education or related fields.
- Expertise in literacy is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
- Strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills required.
- Candidate must possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
COMPETENTCIES: Strategic Planning, Facilitation, Written and Oral Communication, Relationship Building/Interpersonal, Leadership, Strong problem-solving skills, Bias to Action, Continuous Improvement, “Yes” in Your Heart
Applicants should apply by Tuesday, October 13, 2020 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.