Website Cincinnati Youth Collaborative
Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC) empowers vulnerable children and young adults to overcome obstacles and succeed in education, career, and life.
Position Title: Manager, College Access
Background: CYC College & Career Success services provide support for students in Grades 7-12 in getting prepared for college and exploring career options. The program within College & Career Success is entitled Talent Search. This program is designed to help students graduate and encourage post-secondary pursuits that lead to life success.
Reports to: Chief Education Officer
Job Function: Managerial oversight of the College & Career Success services of the agency. All operations will be managed and implemented according to the program’s guidelines and requirements, as well as established best practices in the field. These operations include recruiting, training and management of staff; coordinating services with stakeholders at school sites; ensuring that program activities are documented and reported to funders and the agency; managing program budgets; coordinating the implementation of targeted activities for students and families; and evaluating the programs for continuous improvement.
The Manager, College Access is responsible for meeting operational goals and objectives, and keeping the organization informed of current research and information relevant to the program. The Manager, College Access will assist the Chief Education Officer in representing CYC in the community and will help with special community collaboration opportunities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and delegate appropriate responsibilities to College & Career Success services staff.
- Recommend new hires to Chief Education Officer, supervise, develop, train and evaluate staff progress throughout the year with year-end evaluation.
- Communicate program objectives and goals effectively with school personnel, families, referral agencies and other organizations on behalf of agency.
- Ensure the College & Career Success team meets every program’s goals.
- Ensure that program services are carried out timely with appropriate follow up as needed.
- Coordinate and assist Development Department with communication content for students, families and schools.
- Manage evaluation and program data collection and interpret results for continuous improvement.
- Compile monthly data reporting as requested by Chief Education Officer.
- Support Development Department with program data for reports as needed.
- Assist in other programmatic functions as required, such as special events, to support the program.
- Assist Chief Education Officer in representing program to the community including collaborations, meetings and activities.
- Identify, evaluate and implements improvements to program.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Mentoring, Counseling, Social work or related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of managing teams or like experiences.
- 1+ year of professional experience working with federally funded programs. Experience with volunteer programs with proven results.
- Proven success in working with diverse populations (students, parents, volunteers, school staff, and corporate representatives) in a variety of settings, including those from low-income and/or urban backgrounds. Ability to navigate and adapt to different populations based on their needs with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in use of technology and software for purposes of recordkeeping, reporting and communication.
- Proven knowledge of financial aid, scholarship and admissions application processes.
- Strong and responsive customer service skills.
- Ability to build an atmosphere of teamwork and be an overall organizational team player.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to execute solutions.
- Ability to inform, persuade and inspire a team.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and ability to effectively balance and integrate task-oriented and process-oriented responsibilities.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with excellent and timely follow through.
- Adaptable and reliable in conflict, crisis or changing priorities.
- Proven success in working with a wide range of diverse populations (students, parents, volunteers, school staff, corporate representatives) with varying backgrounds
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is:
- Able to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel or balance with body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move around the environment.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in performance of tasks.
- Able to speak and hear.
- Able to lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Able to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to compare, decide, problem solve, analyze, instruct and interpret.
To Apply: Qualified interested candidates may apply in confidence by submitting cover letter and resume, as well as completion of the online application at:
Billie Sue Toepfer, SPHR
Human Resources Manager
CYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Revised: 10/1/18, 4/17/2019, 5/3/2019 ecd
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com