Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident- centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents.
The Maintenance Technician is a full-time position and is responsible for carrying out the mission of the organization by managing and executing day-to-day maintenance activities. Statements included in this description reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing Background:
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident- centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents. We provide the Property Management, Property Development, Resident Services and Tenant Advocacy that enable the thriving, diverse community we enjoy today.
OTRCH traces its roots back to RESTOC (1978) and Over the Rhine Housing Network (1988). Today OTRCH owns 102 buildings and manages over 475 units of housing. In 2017 OTRCH served 1,071 households.
- Experience in one or more of the following trades, with strong knowledge of at least one trade:
- Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Drywall, HVAC, Security/Locks, Appliances
- Valid driver’s license; driving record which allows company insurance policy coverage
- Participation in mandatory on-call rotation; one full week every 6-7 weeks
- Good interpersonal and organization skills; efficient in time management
- Willingness to learn new technology/software
- Ability to maintain emergency/on-call mobile phone on rotating basis
- Ownership of variety of personal hand tools/equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve individually and/or with a team
- Willingness to share knowledge with fellow team technicians
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs with ease
- Work from a ladder, interior and exterior
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to maintain a calm, professional temperament in situations with displeased/unhappy clientele whom may require de-escalation or mediation
- Maintain professional appearance at all times
- Participation in mandatory emergency/on-call rotation; one full week every 6-7 weeks
- Communicate effectively with Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintain a timely schedule; show up on time
- Review work assignments before leaving warehouse, estimate materials and tools needed for daily tasks/jobs
- Notify Maintenance Supervisor when inventory is low
- Complete work assignments in a professional and timely manner
- Clean work area upon completion of assignment
- Complete work orders after finishing each job, including brief description detailing the work completed and time involved
- Turn in completed work orders daily and coordinate with Maintenance Supervisor regarding work that is unable to be completed
- Assist fellow technicians as needed
- Maintain professionalism and accountability with company vehicles, tools/equipment, and notify Maintenance Supervisor of service needs
- Act responsibly with property keys; keep from loss or theft
- Participate in monthly All Staff meetings, as well as other meetings as required
- Willing to participate in continuing education as it pertains to the maintenance field
If you meet the above requirements, skillset(s), and have a strong desire to make a difference please send your resume to email@example.com or to Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, 114 W. 14th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 with Attention to Sean Guilfoile.
Please note: Candidates must have a sincere commitment to social and economic justice. Only candidates with passion and energy need apply.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org