Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
Our mission is to reduce poverty and ensure family stability through effective legal assistance. Our attorneys represent individual clients in civil legal matters, and partner with community organizations and client groups.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati (Legal Aid) has an immediate need for a full-time Legal Assistant (37.5 hours/week) for its downtown Cincinnati office.
Together with its affiliate, Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC, Legal Aid serves Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio. With two full-service offices (downtown Cincinnati and Hamilton, Ohio) and a staff of about 95 (including 45 attorneys and 14 paralegals), Legal Aid is Southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm. Our mission is to reduce poverty and ensure family stability through effective legal assistance. Our attorneys represent individual clients in civil legal matters, and partner with community organizations and client groups.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position provides support to several attorneys and/or paralegals. The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Three or more years of relevant, secretarial, administrative assistant or office management experience.
- Comfortable interacting with Legal Aid’s applicants/clients.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 60 wpm.
- Ability to prepare and organize documents and files.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Aptitude for utilizing technology.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment that is driven by project deadlines and client service.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and positive attitude towards learning.
- Comfort with Adobe Acrobat DC a plus.
This is a non-exempt position. Compensation will be based on the successful applicant’s level of experience. The Legal Aid Society offers a pleasant work environment, and an excellent benefits package.
Candidates must submit all of the listed items, as Word or pdf documents, attached to an email:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest,
- Current resume, and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Please note “Legal Assistant Hiring Committee LAS020” in subject line, and email to: email@example.com
Interviews will be arranged by Employer, no phone calls please.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.
All applications acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org