Greater Cincinnati Foundation
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary.
Salary Range $50,000 – $60,000
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1624
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1623
GCF is Silver Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
The Inclusive Giving Advisor (IGA) drives engagement of qualified prospects and donors from diverse backgrounds by developing and executing a comprehensive strategy for prospect identification, donor cultivation and stewardship. The IGA promotes GCF as a comfortable, inviting, and welcoming resource for donors from diverse backgrounds, highlighting our commitment to racial and gender equity.
This position is full-time, with benefits and is located at Greater Cincinnati Foundation. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
The IGA reports directly to a Senior Philanthropic Advisor within Donor and Private Foundation Services and collaborates with the Community Strategies and Marketing Departments.
The IGA is responsible for growing and managing a diverse portfolio of donors to drive organization-wide goals of asset growth and collaborative investment in community priorities. (40%)
The IGA builds and drives engagement efforts and opportunities as recommended from the Giving Black Cincinnati report and coordinates organization-wide efforts to promote this work; staff lead for special events. (30%)
Proactively initiate special projects across a spectrum of donor education and community engagement opportunities, including building upon groundwork to launch LGBTQ+ engagement, and research opportunities for LatinX, Asian other marginalized community engagement and stewardship. (20%)
This position may provide oversight of the volunteer committee for NEXT, GCF’s young professional philanthropic initiative. (10%)
Requirements and Qualifications
- Commitment to participating fully in GCF’s internal and external racial equity initiatives, demonstrated by thoughtful action, a results orientation and continuous learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: comfort in connecting to diverse constituents and the ability to build authentic, long-term relationships for an organization.
- Curious and self-motivated learner interested in understanding the nuances of fundraising, donor engagement and the role of community foundations.
- Creative ideas and experience leading professionally executed engagement experiences; social media savviness with platforms a plus.
- Polished and compelling oral and written communication skills.
- Impeccable follow-through and strong attention to detail; ability to connect all facets of development, communications, and events to a strategy.
- At least four years of experience in fundraising, nonprofit organizations, or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Ability to complete assignments independently, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Successful track record motivating and managing volunteer leadership to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience carrying out a donor-centered fundraising philosophy and strengthening a culture of philanthropy.
- Familiarity with potential donors interested in GCF.
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.
If interested, please apply on our website at https://www.gcfdn.org/About-Us/Employment
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.