Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will oversee all human resources functions including employee relations, training and development, payroll, and benefits. They will be a member of the Playhouse senior staff and will report directly to the Artistic and Managing Directors. The Human Resources Manager is a full-time, full-year, exempt salaried position.
- Manage employee relations, including but not limited to maintaining an harassment and bullying free workplace, overseeing staff functions, and scheduling all-staff meetings.
- Oversee training and development, including internal and external training.
- Oversee the administration and compliance requirements of all employee benefit programs including healthcare, dental, life, disability, 401k and 403b pension plans, and other voluntary supplemental plans.
- Manage all aspects of payroll processing and reporting for both union and non-union employees, including supervision of one (1) full-time Payroll Specialist.
- Oversee Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance and reporting.
- Oversee and administer Workers Compensation and Unemployment Insurance, policies, and claims.
- Recommend policies and procedures, and update the staff handbook annually.
- Act as liaison to Board’s Human Resources Committee.
- Oversee processes for recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, and termination.
- Coordinate performance review process working with senior staff, managers, and supervisors to provide effective appraisals.
- Ensure compliance and maintain all employee files.
- Serve as a permanent member of Playhouse Safety Committee.
- Represent the Playhouse on the Governing Board for the ArtsWave Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management or equivalent professional experience; PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- 8-10 years professional experience including Human Resources management and supervisory experience.
- Experience with coaching, strategic planning, and conflict resolution.
- Experience implementing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives preferred.
- Familiarity and demonstrated ability to administer and comply with all current State and Federal labor laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining commitment to excellence.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements and exercise good judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook; experience with payroll software, Paycor preferred.
- Communicates using English language.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and an appreciation for the performing arts and theater in particular is preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop or kneel.
- The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: August 2, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com