Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Talbert House is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources leadership team. The HR Business Partner will work in partnership with assigned business units to provide specialist coaching, support and influence that enable leadership to effectively deliver their people plans. This role provides a consultancy service that delivers best practice and flexible HR solutions that support the business needs while ensuring compliance with laws and regulations. The position is responsible for helping develop and implement the agency’s human resource business plan and identify solutions to resolve problems while fostering a diverse workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Equip assigned business units with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage and develop staff (e.g. performance management, absence management, employee relations, etc).
- Drive, influence, consult and support all aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives for business efficiency.
- Work with executives/senior leaders to anticipate opportunities to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and enterprise performance.
- Acts as a single point of contact for employees and managers in assigned business units
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes, working collaboratively with assigned business units
- Conducts and manages complex employee relations issues; including investigation and employee grievances.
- Manages complex and difficult HR projects cross-functionally
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks
- Partners with recruiters for assigned business units to ensure culture and talent fit
- Acts as a performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in talent management for assigned units.
- Act within an area of specialty in employee relations, benefits or recruiting.
- Master’s Degree in business, human resources, or related area or at least 5 years of progressive human resources experience required.
- HR Certification preferred (SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP /CP)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and oral form with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, performance management and federal and state compliance.
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers.
- Professional presentation skills.
- A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance may be required.
Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Each year, Talbert House helps thousands of men, women and children across Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky overcome adversity to become healthy and productive citizens through programs in community corrections, mental health, substance abuse, welfare-to-work and housing.
To apply for this job please visit www.talberthouse.org.