POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager of Grant Writing at CET/ThinkTV is a new, full-time position on a collaborative, supportive, and passionate development team (with the potential for growth within the company) The position is responsible for securing funding for CET and ThinkTV Public Television needs through prospect research, writing and timely submission of high-quality, compelling letters of inquiry, proposals and grant reports to new and existing corporate and private funders. In addition to writing grants, this position may assist with planning small events and carrying a small portfolio of individual donors.
Reporting to the Director of Major & Planned Giving, this position is based in Cincinnati but will also secure grants for the Greater Dayton region, too.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of duties required to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to public and private grant sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to identify potential sources of funding and evaluate prospects.
- Work directly with all essential staff and employees to gain relevant information for proposals needed or required for each grant submittal.
- Lead and maintain a proposal calendar and annual grants strategy.
- Create and maintain up-to-date language regarding the organization and the organization’s programs.
- Maintain current records in the donor database and in physical files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Actively participate in Development Team meetings, projects, and activities.
- Assist with community events during occasional evenings and weekends.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills, with proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to work under minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Exhibit strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated prospect research, analytical and planning skills.
- High-level computer literacy skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with internet research techniques.
- Self-starter wanting to take initiative on projects
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years minimum experience in development, grant writing and strategic fundraising in securing grants up to $100,000 or more
- OR 3+ years minimum experience working in a non- profit, volunteer, or fundraising
Salary range starting in the low $50,000s
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com