Website United Way of Greater Cincinnati
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an opening for a Grant Writer to manage the active grants calendar and for writing, reporting, and researching grants from foundations, corporations, and government funders. This position will require close collaboration with the Community Impact team and will ensure resources for United Way priorities are met or exceeded.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Write funding proposals and prepare supporting materials for submission.
- Research federal and state grant opportunities, private foundation requests for proposals, and foundation interests.
- Research federal and state opportunities for public budget line items.
- Manage staff process to identify projects and build relationships with national and community partners who are aligned and/or funding UWGC priorities.
- Lead reporting process for all foundation, corporate and federal grants.
- Maintain and grow Philanthropy team relationships with funders in portfolio and record activities and opportunities in donor database.
- Collaborate with Community Impact team program staff to compile outcome data for necessary proposals and reports.
- Collaborate with Finance team to gather financial information/documentation for proposals and reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in grant writing and grants management preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Strong Communication Skills – Verbal and Excellent Time/Project Management Skills.
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Highly developed attention to detail and organizational/strategic planning skills.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
Competencies: Accountability, Integrity-Organizational Commitment, Communication Skills, Technologically Proficient, and Time/Project Management.
Applicants should apply by Monday, October 12, 2020 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.