Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident-centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents.
Job Title: Fund Development Director
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsibilities: The Fund Development Director directs and oversees all fundraising and marketing efforts of Over-the-Rhine Community Housing. The Fund Development Director identifies, cultivates and solicits donors; creates gift strategies and executes solicitations; and oversees stewardship of program donors. The Fund Development Director will also develop and coordinate efforts for marketing and public relations. This position is full-time and supervises the Fund Development and Special Events Manager.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing Background
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident-centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents. We provide the Property Management, Property Development, Resident Services and Tenant Advocacy that enable the thriving, diverse community we enjoy today.
OTRCH traces its roots back to RESTOC (1978) and Over the Rhine Housing Network (1988). Today OTRCH owns 102 buildings and manages over 475 units of housing. In 2017 OTRCH served 1,071 households.
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Experience in managing a multi-faceted Annual Fund (mail, phone, electronic and face-to-face)
- Proven verbal and written skills
- Experience in and an understanding of the Cincinnati philanthropic market
- Grant writing expertise particularly with local Cincinnati sources
- Ability to convey knowledge of and enthusiasm for the mission and goals of Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
- Comfort working with volunteers, staff, board members and potential donors
- Excellent presentation, listening and conversational skills
- Experience and ease meeting and socializing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Superb communication, organization, time management and administrative skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Work in collaboration with the Board of Trustees to guide the strategic vision and goals of Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
- Shape a development operation that will be sensitive to the long-term goal of positioning the organization for major, capital and endowment gifts
- Identify and pursue opportunities to engage with potential donors
- Develop and coordinate annual giving campaigns and donor recognition programs
- Direct the planning and implementation of special events in collaboration with the Fund Development and Events Manager
- Research, identify, and develop relationships with corporate and foundation contacts and new individual donors of major gift capacity
- Develop specific solicitation strategies and solicit gifts accompanied by a volunteer or alone, as appropriate
- Manage DonorPerfect database and use “best practice” procedures and systems to structure gifts, track, report and analyze all activity and trends
- Schedule meetings, tours, briefings and asks; write/call visit reports; provide follow-up with donors and solicitor
- Involve board members whenever possible in building relationships with both new and existing donors
- Draft and produce compelling written materials including annual reports, newsletters, solicitation support materials and gift proposals
If you have the prerequisite experience and skills and a strong desire to make a difference please send your resume with a cover letter to Katie Knipe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, 114 W. 14th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. Respond by 5pm Thursday February 7, 2019.
Important – You must have a sincere commitment to social and economic justice. Only candidates with passion and energy need apply.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com