Beech Acres Parenting Center
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers.
At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, BAPC serves over 17,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care & adoption, kinship care, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching in pediatric offices and more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths.
We’re a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, a best-in show paid time off program (ask us about our “Best in Show” for Work/Life Flexibility Award!), a robust training program to support you in your journey, an award-winning work culture (we are a proud recipient of Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Workplaces Award for EIGHT years running), and so much more!
Beech Acres Parenting Center (“The Beech” as we like to call it!) is seeking a Social Worker to join our rapidly growing Foster Care & Adoption team. The Social Worker is responsible for assessing, engaging and managing a caseload of families and foster children, including: coaching parents as to parenting capability, providing mental health services for children and assist foster parents in maintaining children in foster homes, providing case services in regards to kinship care and to follow the case plan of the referral agent to reunify children with families or make other permanent plans.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
A typical day will include:
- Completes all intake paperwork and meet with referring agencies to open cases.
- Assesses children and make plans for their mental health needs. Works with team to understand all mental health needs and set plan for work.
- Completes assessments and follows treatment recommendations for work with families and children.
- Coaches parenting skills based on promising practices and evidence-based models.
- Coaches foster parents as to appropriate interventions and meet with children to build their capability and develop new skills.
- Assists in a support group for foster parents on a monthly basis. Support foster parents ongoing to build capability and also assess for rule violations.
- Coaches biological families on parenting skills and understanding the needs of their children during and after reunification.
- Assists in managing children in foster home setting by offering behavioral interventions.
- Provides CPST interventions to assist clients with their mental health needs and be able to bill services to mental health board. Completes all paperwork for mental health and child welfare activities.
- Develops and facilitates the service plan with the child, foster family, bio-family and team. Communicate ongoing to treatment team to update as to progress, issues, and emergencies.
- Works with kin to reunify children with families or make other permanent plans for children.
- Provides crisis support and participate in the on-call coverage.
- Makes referrals needed for care of children.
- Makes referrals as needed for parents in reducing safety factors.
- Facilitates team meetings with children, foster parents and other involved parties.
- Attends any court hearings and offer clinical advice, advocate and educate team as to children’s progress and issues.
- Partners with contractual agents, schools and others to meet needs of client.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to meet the needs of clients and foster children while following all contractual and state rules around visits and monitoring.
- Keeps documentation up to date and accurate per ODMHAS, COA and ODJFS standards. Meet utilization requirements and audit thresholds.
- Attends community meetings, coordinate with funders and collaborate with team members.
- Participates in departmental events to support foster parents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) or related area required. Must possess active Ohio LSW licensure.
- 1-3+ years of experience providing services to kids and families, preferably within Foster Care & Adoption.
- A background check and Bureau of Motor Vehicles check is required for this position.
- Must possess active drivers license and agency required auto insurance.
- A passion for our mission!
To join our team please apply at:
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.
To apply for this job please visit www.beechacres.org.