Greater Cincinnati Foundation
As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Salary Range $55,000 – $65,000
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1624
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz – https://www.gcfdn.org/News-Events/View-Article/ArticleId/1623
GCF is Silver Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
This position supports multiple disciplines overseen by the Chief Financial Officer, including investment administration, Impact Investing, forecasting, financial and operational analysis.
This position must have strong attention to detail and analytical skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience and sound business judgement will be essential in order to prioritize among competing assignments. This is a position of importance due to the impact on the Foundation’s effectiveness, as well as access to confidential information and plans related to the operation of the Foundation. Incumbent must maintain high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide finance support for the entire organization
- Oversee impact investments deal reviews and financial/accounting tracking spreadsheets
- Assist with various aspects of the GCF investments program
- Oversee all aspects of the GCF and related entities budgets
- Develop and maintain corporate reporting and dashboard models
- Maintain and create database used for KPI reporting
- Completion of any financial surveys for the foundation
- Directly support analytical requirements of the Finance team, specifically the completion of monthly reporting, budgeting/forecasting, KPI tracking and general analysis
- Development of the monthly management financial package
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand performance, forecast assumptions, and key drivers of variances between actual results and budget/forecast/prior year.
- Develop analyses and conclusions related to special projects and ad hoc requests, including analyzing organization-wide results, sensitivity analysis, and major business investments by creating, maintaining, and improving sophisticated Excel financial models.
- Assist with company insurance requirements and oversight
- Development of new business development opportunities and cost saving measures for the organization
- Deliverables include analytics supporting monthly closing activities, budgeting/forecasting, corporate financial reporting, “what-if” analysis and financial process improvement.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in a financial discipline or relevant experience is required
- 3-5 years financial and data analysis experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong database and/or ability to run macros skills preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Broad understating of finance, accounting, and technology principles
- Creative and resourceful problem solver with attention to detail
- High energy, self-starter, proactive and ambitious
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.
If interested, please apply on our website at https://www.gcfdn.org/About-Us/Employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.