Website St. Joseph Home
St. Joseph Home (SJH) is a non-profit organization located in Sharonville which serves the needs and dreams of individuals living with complex disabilities.
Donor Database and Research Manager
40+ hours per week
St. Joseph Home (SJH) is a non-profit organization located in Sharonville which serves the needs and dreams of individuals living with complex disabilities. For over 145 years, we have faced and met the needs of the most vulnerable. Today, SJH service lines include residential, respite, and day programming for more than 150 individuals of all ages. As we grow into new lines of business and revenue, we need the talent, team and drive to make our growth successful.
WHO WE NEED
St. Joseph Home is a looking for an outstanding partner to ensure our donor base continues to expand and deepen through solid stewardship. We are seeking a team member who values and enjoys a detail-oriented role in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. In this role, the individual would be a key team member helping to sustain and sculpt the future of SJH’s evolving Advancement efforts.
Under the leadership of the Director of Community Advancement and in partnership with the Advancement Team, the Donor Database and Research Manager will be responsible for managing the complete gift acknowledgement process, donor research efforts, and database maintenance and optimization all in an effort to evolve our work to maximize giving to more fully achieve our mission and vision. S/he will work closely to support and the Advancement Team ensuring all efforts are sound and strategic. This role includes administrative duties. Prior experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and expressed commitment to the mission and vision of St. Joseph Home preferred.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
Management of SJH Donor Database
- Maintains CRM database assuring that it is up to date and best built to serve the team’s evolving needs maintains data integrity by regular systems checks and audits
- Improves the content and structure of the CRM on a regular basis addressing any pressing needs quickly
- Tracks all donor giving and event participation utilizing CRM and associated plug-ins
- Ensures team members and leadership have the knowledge and access they need to utilize the CRM to its fullest potential
- Processes new and continual giving activities and properly enters and updates information in the database
- Communicates with Finance Department staff regularly to ensure data syncing across systems
- Leads prospect research to determine high value individual and foundation targets in partnership with Major Gifts Officer
- Serves as the primary resource on the team for reports, data extraction, segmentation and forecasting
- Keeps the Advancement Team and other partners up to date with regular reports, metrics, and donor/giving status in order to support continual adaptation and improvement of our fundraising strategy
- Works closely with the Major Gifts Officer to imbed and maintain portfolios for top donors
Donor Engagement and Stewardship
- Enters all gifts (cash/stock, in-kind, tributes/honorariums, bequests, etc.) and prepares all acknowledgements in accordance with protocols
- Oversees staff/interns to carry out acknowledgement mailings
- Responds promptly to all donor inquiries and needs
- Monitors and tracks donor touch points ongoing and supports other team members in doing the same
- Coordinates biannual Raffle effort
- Manages Advancement Department metrics in partnership with Director of Community Advancement
- Maintains Advancement Department Policy and Procedure Manual
- Manages Advancement Department calendar
- Coordinates with Finance Department to ensure continuous, relevant communication and improvements
- Responds to routine emails, phone calls, etc.
- Maintains all files for tracking of gifts and related paperwork
- Participates in various committee, meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned as required by the work of the Advancement Team and the interests of the individual serving in this role
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age and high school graduate or GED recipient
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in fundraising database management required
- Prior experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.