Last Mile Food Rescue
Position Title: Food Rescue Dispatcher & Driver
Reports to: Dispatch & Donor Operations Manager
Position Purpose: The LMFR Dispatcher is the critical link getting food donations to Agency Partners via Food Rescue Volunteers using the Last Mile Food Rescue app. Skilled in making things happen, the Dispatcher directly impacts the mission, growth and sustainability of the Last Mile Food Rescue organization and ultimately assists in taking the issue of Food Insecurity ‘off the table’ for Greater Cincinnati. We are looking for someone who is mission driven and has a passion for making our community a better and more equitable place for ALL our citizens to live and thrive.
- Responsible for scheduling food rescues from food donors and delivery to partner sites by volunteers using the Food Rescue Hero Application.
- Responsible for all scheduling, and record keeping duties, including accurate documentation of food pounds.
- Handles all incoming communications including advising volunteers, donors and partners on food rescue process. Takes and makes calls or connections to food donors and partners to manage scheduling challenges. Obtains substitute volunteers for scheduled or ad-hoc pickups as needed.
- Drives box truck to multiple donor locations and delivers to agencies on occasion, depending on donation type and volunteer availability.
- Perform other duties to benefit LMFR as directed by Manager or the COO.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Passion to make a difference in our community and in the areas of hunger relief, food rescue and food waste reduction.
- Solid Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under the stress of challenging deadlines and ultimate purpose of getting food to those who need it most.
- Comfortable with using computer application and mobile technology.
- Dispatch experience or history of working with customers, clients and/or volunteers in a related field is a plus.
- Highschool graduate or GRE. Eager to learn.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current driver’s license with good driving record. No moving violations within past 12 months.
Typical challenges this position will face:
- Challenges in communication or misunderstandings with volunteers, donors, and agency partners.
- Frequent interruptions from volunteers needing assistance while on a rescue.
- Last minute scheduling conflicts or changes in availability/need.
- Making sound, quick decisions based on available information.
Work Schedule & Requirements:
- 40 Hour work week. Morning hours, including occasional Saturdays.
- Moderate physical demands associated with donation pick-ups, lifting 20 – 60 lbs.
Work Environment & Culture:
- Work from office space located in Norwood, Ohio.
- We are a Start-up, we do what it takes to be successful and are very supportive of each other.
Hourly Pay – $15.00
Health Care stipend
Please direct interest and resume to:
Eileen M Budo, COO, Last Mile Food Rescue
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org