Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio
The Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio (ULGSO) transforms generations by promoting personal empowerment and economic self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Director of Development
Organization: Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio
Full time position
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development will take a leadership role in strategically developing, implementing, and expanding fundraising for the Urban League, including annual, major and planned giving, special events & campaigns, corporate & foundation relations. Fifty percent of this position will be dedicated to building relationships within the Dayton community for our Miami Valley Urban League. The position will engage our trustees and advisors, auxiliary groups, and other corporate volunteers. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a collaborative and forward-thinking team to build institutional strength and capacity through innovative fundraising generating $1.4M+ unrestricted annually.
About the Urban League:
The Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio (ULGSO) transforms generations by promoting personal empowerment and economic self-sufficiency. We have served the African American community and other underserved segments since the 1940s. ULGSO provides programming in workforce development, business development & entrepreneurship, youth education, and leadership training to Ohio’s Southwestern region, including metro Cincinnati and Dayton areas.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects with gift potential among external constituencies throughout Greater Southwestern Ohio (including Cincinnati & Dayton area)
- Secure and steward annual, major, and planned gifts and grants.
- Solicit and steward a portfolio of donors across giving levels through direct response campaigns and events.
- Represent the League at networking and community events and gatherings
- Develop, plan & execute fundraising, recognition, and special events, i.e., peer-to-peer campaigns, annual luncheon and gala, donor recognition breakfast, Board Salons, televised specials
- Identify, develop and manage new funding sources and income generating strategies
- Assist the Sr. Vice President with support of the Board’s Development Committee
- Collaborate with other departments to create opportunities for meaningful engagement
- Commitment to building and enhancing underserved/minority communities
- Six plus years of demonstrated track-record of securing major gifts, sponsorships & grants, and executing successful fundraising events and campaigns
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with diverse groups externally and internally
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation and communication skills, including an ability to edit and proofread
- Flexible, organized, and able to manage multiple priority projects and simultaneous deadlines with ease and efficiency
- Experience working effectively with a marketing team to assist with implementing & developing fundraising strategies
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience leading and managing a team to achieve fundraising success
- This position may be based in Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio, with required travel to both cities. Evening and weekend work may be required
Skills and Characteristics:
- High energy, along with a strategic mindset, and an ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Balance big picture strategy and manage detailed execution with high degree of accountability and excellence in quality of work
- Agile leader with strong interpersonal and culture-building skills to help build strong positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Foster teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, solve problems and make decisions that improve organizational effectiveness and drive results
- Ability to interact confidently and persuasively with business leaders and individuals
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze data, research information, problem-solve and coordinate projects and synthesize data
- Knowledge of and connections to businesses and industries within the Cincinnati and Dayton Area
- Strong computer skills including strong capability in email, MS Office Suite, and other related business and communication tools.
- Technical understanding of database management and reporting; experience with fundraising databases, preferably Razor’s Edge (or other CRM software)
- Adept in all forms of social media to use for appeals
Resume Submissions can be sent to Chelsey Benton; firstname.lastname@example.org
3458 Reading Road, Cincinnati OH 45229
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com