Website The Abilities Connection
The Abilities Connection employs, connects and cares for people with disabilities in community settings of their choice.
LOCATION: 2160 Old Selma Road
NORMAL WORKING HOURS: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Exempt
REPORTS TO: CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Marketing and Communications
TAC seeks a full-time Director of Development to lead the fundraising programs and donor relations. This person is responsible for managing and implementing the development plan. S/he will be in charge of planning, executing, evaluation of fundraising, public relations and education of the organization. The Development Director works closely to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization to fund the program. The collaboration of all departments will be needed to maximize opportunities, issues related to budget and strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare an annual fundraising calendar and plan consistent with the mission and program.
- Promote strong relationships between TAC and its donor base by increasing the circle of support.
- Secure increasing levels of contributed income through individual, planned, major giving, government, corporate and foundation grants, and endowment funds. Expand the development program to include a focus on “next generation giving” that targets a social media preference towards charitable giving.
- Research, write, and monitor all grant proposals and programs to government, private foundation, and corporate funders. Track grant implementation with the completion of programming, financial, and other progress reports to funding sources.
- Lead a comprehensive annual fund-raising operation to develop and implement the Annual Fund campaign with communications that appeal to donors. Build a strong, consistent and compelling case for giving that conveys why funding is needed and the outcomes we are seeking from their investment.
- Supervise and manage the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to shape, manage and drive the implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support and drive charitable giving.
- Establish and manage TAC’s donor database for prospecting, reporting, and marketing purposed.
- Coordinate donor related events.
- Establish program for volunteer recruitment and recognition.
- Work with key staff and board to establish current and long-range goals, strategies and policies and assist in orienting and actively engaging the board.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards, empathetic disposition, perseverance, and optimistic and positive attitude.
- Develop and manage a pool of prospects and donors in the $1,000 – $25,000 range; identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward these gifts. Make personal contact to individuals and businesses to present the organization’s funding needs and requests. Establishes relationships with potential funding sources.
- Preparation for the ‘ask’ will include creative and strategic utilization of resources to determine the prospective donor’s capacity for giving, build their interest, raise their sights, sustain their engagement and obtain a gift. Success in the position will be guided by annual metrics such as number of monthly meetings, number of gift commitments, and dollars raised.
- Utilize strong and extensive working knowledge of commonly used annual giving, major gift and other fundraising techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Negative Results of a Two-Step Mantoux TB Test and Drug Screening.
- Satisfactory Results of Local and State Records Background Check.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Business, Marketing, Communications).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in development field with a proven track record in building relationships and securing resources from multiple channels (ie, direct mail, grants, events, etc.). Comparable experience will be considered.
- Proven track record of building and implementing systems and structures that support significant growth.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of direct and individual fundraising, including an understanding of annual giving, grant writing and a working knowledge of gift planning techniques.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. Capability of writing clearly and informatively to meet the needs of audiences.
- Authentic persona, highly energetic and a natural collaborator.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, work with accuracy under a fast pace and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in donor database management programs.
POST HIRE REQUIRED TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATION, AND LICENSURE:
- Ability to travel to and successfully complete further philanthropy training (if required).
RELATED FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains the chain of command.
- Demonstrates and maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Provides accurate and timely records as required by the position.
- Reviews, approves, and is responsible for all corporate contracts necessary for the operations of the Corporation.
- Serves on various committees as appropriate.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Supports and adheres to policies and procedures of the TAC Industries Associate/Apprentice handbook.
- Promotes a positive public awareness of the corporation.
- Utilization of public and/or private transportation to reach prospects, donors, and associated functions. This could include accessing automobiles, trains, planes, and other forms of transportation.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time for training or certification.
- Ability to access facilities associated with prospects, donors, and associated functions.
This position description in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the Associate. The Associate is required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the supervisor or designee appropriate to this position description.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com