United Way of Greater Cincinnati
As United Way works to support families across our 10-county region, the organization serves as a key entry point to systems of care that help families stabilize in times of emergency and connect to supports to help them achieve their goals. The Director of Community Connections serves as United Way’s lead in expanding families’ access to community supports through key resource and referral services and family economic well-being initiatives. The Director provides strategic leadership, management, and supervision for United Way’s community facing initiatives including 211, Free Tax Prep, Project Lift, and Stable Families. The Director is responsible for aligning services to United Way’s impact strategy and goals and working to innovate and improve individual and collective service approaches. The Director is entrepreneurial in developing and adapting programming to attract investment and resources from private, philanthropic, and government resources. The Director is a key team member to United Way’s Impact efforts by leveraging initiative data to inform community strategy by identifying trends, opportunities, and challenges.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategic Leadership of Key United Way Initiatives
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for 211, Free Tax Prep, Project Lift, Stable Families, and similar future efforts.
- Ensure programmatic efforts align to systems change, learning and impact goals of the organization.
- Build linkages among United Way initiatives and between those initiatives and other community partner efforts – initially focusing on incorporating components of Care Coordination throughout initiatives.
- Ensure programs are implemented with consistently high standards of accessibility, equity, effective and efficient processes, and supportive interactions for community members and partners.
- Drive Innovation and Development of Improved Practices
- Stay up-to-date on community best practices including those related to equity in community systems.
- Build innovation practices to explore program improvements and better alignment with future community conditions.
- Seek and build aligned approaches that support gaps in service and drive greater systems alignment in the region.
- Development of Resources and Lines of Business
- In close partnership with United Way colleagues, develop revenue strategies to support efforts which may include growing philanthropic support, government grants and contracts, and fees for service.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years of relevant professional work experience.
- Computer skills (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Successfully manages multiple programs simultaneously.
- Works well under deadline pressure and meets timeline requirements.
- Stays up to date on industry and regulatory trends.
- Frequent local travel to events within the regional area; some out of town travel for national conferences or trainings.
- Some evenings and weekends.
Applicants should apply by Friday, September 24, 2021, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.