The Development Manager serves as the organizational point person for 1N5 whose mission is to prevent by erasing the stigma of mental illness and promoting optimal mental wellness. The Development Manager is responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating, and refining the organization’s development activities including but not limited to identifying, cultivating, and managing gift donations from individual donors, special events, and corporate sponsors.
- Serve as a primary solicitor and point of contact with major donors, corporate, foundation and individual supporters.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including working with 1N5 team to provide regular written updates (newsletters, etc.) to corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Maintain funding records in fundraising database; responsible for tracking and reporting.
- Work with team to track statistics relevant to development and provide written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Work with Executive Director and Fundraising team to develop fundraising strategies and execution.
- Work with Event team to develop fundraising goals, deliverables and donor development.
- Plan and oversee general event logistics with 1N5 staff and volunteers.
- Represent the institution by interacting with donors and key stakeholders at community, corporate, and civic events.
- Communicate organizational history and programs.
- A transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style.
- A friendly, outward facing personality – eager to engage with colleagues and donors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with occasional last-minute deadlines and quickly changing information and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Passion for 1N5’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of mental health.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience in nonprofit fundraising
How to Apply:
Submit your CV or Resume (no more than two pages) along with a cover letter (no more than 550 words) to info@1N5.org. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org