Price Hill Will
Our mission is to create systemic change in Price Hill through equitable physical, civic, social, and economic development that improves the quality of life for all families in our community.
Price Hill Will seeks a highly organized, creatively minded, and experienced individual for the position of Development Director. The Development Director will be responsible for designing, directing, and managing the strategy and execution of PHW’s development operations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering measurable results in the areas of annual fundraising and major gift development. The position reports to PHW’s Executive Director. The Development Director will interact and work closely with all PHW staff, board, major donors, partners, volunteers, and community members.
About Price Hill Will (PHW)
Our mission is to create systemic change in Price Hill through equitable physical, civic, social, and economic development that improves the quality of life for all families in our community. We help residents, particularly residents with lower income or formal education levels, immigrants, and people of color, build on their assets and gain skills as we connect them with resources to improve their quality of life. PHW is dedicated to the investment in our neighborhood through equitable practices and we acknowledge the need and value in investing in a diverse staff that continues to represent our community.
About MYCincinnati (MYC)
MYCincinnati (Music for Youth in Cincinnati) is a free, daily youth orchestra program for children in Price Hill. MYC is PHW’s largest program, and 50% of the budget of the organization. Founded in 2011 on the idea that personal transformation can be achieved by striving toward musical excellence, students enrolled in MYC have the opportunity to learn an orchestral instrument and play in an ensemble. MYC is inspired by El Sistema, the Venezuelan national youth orchestra network that uses music as a vehicle for social change. Currently, we have 100 students (ages 7-18) enrolled in MYC’s daily programming.
Working at Price Hill Will
Price Hill Will is a 17-year-old community development corporation founded by a group of dedicated volunteers. We have a budget of a little over $1 million dollars, and about half of our budget is dedicated to MYC. In the past, PHW and MYC have used very different development strategies. Moving forward, we aim to respect the differing approaches but work to find an integrated and comprehensive approach for the whole organization. We have a team of incredibly dedicated staff who care passionately about PHW and will support fundraising efforts. We are dedicated to hiring candidates that represent our community and align with our mission and values, including equitable practices.
Development Director Job Description
- Direct and manage the strategy and execution of PHW and MYC’s development operations with support from internal Organizational Sustainability and Development Team and Board of Directors
- Achieve or surpass annual fundraising goals and provide periodic reports on progress towards goals
- Understand, represent, and communicate PHW and MYC’s mission, vision, and core values
- Manage fundraising operations for PHW, including donor-tracking systems, annual fundraising plan creation, data management, meeting preparation, event planning and execution, gift processing, and post-gift donor management
- Develop, implement, and manage unique and innovative strategies for fundraising at a neighborhood and community level
- Effectively use and improve MYC’s Salesforce database of donors and integrate PHW donors into the system
- Develop efficient and effective ways to organize development data and program information
- Direct and coordinate fundraising operations in the following 3 areas: Grant Administration, Individual Giving, and Promotion
- Update and manage a grants database, monitor grant and grant report deadlines to ensure compliance with both, and submit grant applications
- Work with program staff to write grant narratives
- Continually research local, regional, and national grant opportunities (both public and private)
- Set goals for new grants for the organization
- Cultivate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with foundation trustees
Major Gift Development & Individual Giving
- Design, direct, and execute PHW’s first major gift program
- Prioritize and communicate actions for MYC Director and MYC Board Committee around cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors
- Develop PHW’s donor base and increase the number of MYC sustaining donors
- Work with MYC staff to design and execute ambitious, effective, and creative annual campaigns
- Work with PHW ED and program staff to achieve fundraising goals for special programs and events, including the annual
Price Hill Creative Community Festival and PHW annual fundraising event
Promotion & Communications
- Support the Marketing Coordinator in creating a marketing and promotions plan for PHW and MYC, including a social media strategy and newsletters
- Work with MYC staff to more effectively reach and engage neighborhood residents, in the context of concerts, events, and
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in non-profit fundraising
- Deep understanding of equitable practices and appreciation for equitable dynamics in the workplace
- Experience using Salesforce to manage a donor database
- Experience in Cincinnati strongly preferred
- Experience with community development and/or arts non-profit organizations preferred
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Candidate Profile & Skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Optimistic and resilient, especially in the face of challenging, high-pressure situations
- Extremely flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing work environment
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects with different timelines and meet deadlines
- Proven track record and achievement in designing and executing annual campaigns and in cultivation of major gifts
- Experience organizing and executing fundraising events
- Strong storyteller with the ability to inspire and engage donors, supporters, and partners through the presentation of PHW and MYC’s mission and core values
- Socially engaged and critically reflexive, passionate about aligning the work with equity-based and/or social justice
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Sharp understanding of the beliefs, contexts, and motivations of local and national philanthropic sector
- Excited to work and thrive in diverse communities and settings
- Skilled collaborator and confident leader of a diverse team of staff, Board, and volunteers
- Possesses natural curiosity and desire to improve and develop professional abilities
- Women and BIPOC strongly encouraged to apply
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends, and to travel occasionally for work
- Must pass background check
- Must have valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
Salary & Benefits
- Salary between $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance and Simple IRA available
- Flexible vacation / PTO policy
- Supportive and flexible work environment (including remote working)
To apply, please prepare one PDF document with the following materials.
Inaccurate and/or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Please email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
Price Hill Will does not discriminate in hiring or service delivery based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com