Greater Cincinnati Foundation
Our mission is to advance our community leadership work and commitment to addressing equity and inclusion issues.
The Content Manager is responsible for all internal and external content creation to tell the story of Greater Cincinnati Foundation’s (GCF) overall mission to advance our community leadership work and commitment to addressing equity and inclusion issues.
The Content Manager/Storyteller will require a high level of creativity in order to support an innovative and integrated content strategy through media outreach and storytelling. The position will also require an attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with leadership and the rest of the organization to facilitate a deeper understanding of long-term priorities and initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategic, creative media relations effort to tell GCF’s story.
- Build and leverage targeted media relationships across various channels.
- Support Marketing team with implementing marketing plan, creation of content, and project management.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization to develop effective storylines and to respond to incoming media requests.
- Use storytelling skills to work with Marketing team to develop and create collateral including but not limited to the monthly newsletter, press releases, website and social media, and annual reports.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments as it relates to marketing needs.
- Manage public relations communications for the foundation, including media relations, internal communications and crisis communications.
- Track and manage project deliverables, ensuring on-time delivery.
- Apply expert project management skills to establish and reorder priorities as needed to accommodate the dynamic nature of our work.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a passion for telling the story of the foundation’s mission to advance our community leadership work and commitment to addressing equity and inclusion issues.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in communications, public relations and/or nonprofit marketing fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or design field, preferred.
- Proficient in WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is preferred, and ability to edit video is a plus.
- Strong experience using various social media platform professionally, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish good working relationships with foundation staff, colleagues, news media, donors, consultants, volunteers and a wide variety of members of the community.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative, as well as to be an effective team member.
- Strong attention to details and good follow-through on tasks.
- Proven track record of successfully partnering with various media.
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.