The Greater Cincinnati Foundation
As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we support and invest in an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Community Strategies Coordinator
$38,000 – $45,000 Annualized Salary
Full-Time with Benefits
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we support and invest in an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. We are leading the way in philanthropy and creating a more vibrant and equitable community for all of us.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
We are a diverse team of passionate, high performers who are energized by both opportunities and challenges. We are serious about cultivating generosity, investing in solutions, and leading our community to greatness. We need top talent in every role to power our inspiring mission, and we are currently looking for a Community Strategies Coordinator to support our Community Strategies Team.
The Community Strategies Coordinator (“CS Coordinator”) is a key contributor in helping fulfill the vision, mission and objectives of the Community Strategies team. This position provides administrative support and coordinates the operational and program aspects of the grantmaking and community leadership. This individual is proactive and are driven to be accurate.
Key Responsibilities (Samples listed below)
- Perform as a problem solver and provide administrative support for coordination of materials, various tasks and projects
- Salesforce data management
- Triage internal and external requests from staff, nonprofit partners and community members
- Oversee and coordinate logistics for team meetings, workshops and community volunteers
- Monitor and update website
- Receives and acknowledges application and proposal submissions and manages grant-tracking system for both awarded and denied proposals
- Works with the Community Strategies Committee and Community Leadership/Grantmaking team to schedule meetings, reviews, coordinate site visits, and other aspects of the grantmaking process as needed
- Work collaboratively with other departments at GCF to assure smooth and efficient flow of information
- Provide administrative and calendar support for Sr. Director, Community Strategies and All-In Cincinnati Director
- Associate degree or 3+ equivalent work experience
- Preferred related work experience in education/training, communications, grant writing, grant review, nonprofit development, and/or public policy
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Commitment to serve the community
- Strong customer service attitude. Ability to communicate and interact will with external partners and non-profits.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and successful within changing environment and multiple demands
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills—oral and written
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Power Point
- Preferred experience with Salesforce
If interested, please apply via our website:
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and invite all eligible candidates to apply regardless of background.
To apply for this job please visit www.gcfdn.org.