Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank (SCDB) and Tidal Babe Period Bank (TB) partner with local social service agencies to provide free diapers and period supplies to low-income families while raising awareness of the basic health need for basic hygiene items.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Part-Time: Up to 25 hrs per week; some early evening hours required each week, and some weekend hours required each month. Potential to move to full-time hours in the future.
Reports to: Jean Hodge, Program Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH (1400 State Ave. 45204)
Start Day: 2/3/2020
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
About: Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank (SCDB) and Tidal Babe Period Bank (TB) partner with local social service agencies to provide free diapers and period supplies to low-income families while raising awareness of the basic health need for basic hygiene items. Our mission is to eliminate the existence of diaper need and period poverty in our community so that all people have a chance to be healthy, happy, and safe. We were started in October of 2015 and have been experiencing rapid growth and success since then.
Description: The Community Engagement Coordinator will be an outgoing, energetic addition to our staff who will oversee the recruitment, organization, training, and engagement of all volunteers for our programs. They will work closely with our Program Manager to ensure volunteers are being best utilized to get our products out to partner agencies on time. This staff member will also be the primary representative from our organization at community events where we’re asked to have a presence. The final piece of this role involves helping to run our organization’s social media channels, including sourcing, organizing, and posting content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. This role will also write occasional blog posts for the website and provide content for the monthly newsletter.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple duties and priorities in deadline-intensive situations
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Google Drive
- The ability to handle conflict, confrontation, and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace
- Should be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs short distances, be on feet for extended periods of time standing and walking
- Able to flourish in a creative team environment as well as operate independently
- Demonstrated ability for public speaking and delivering a compelling message (which would be about our organization’s history, growth, mission, and goals)
- Outgoing personality. If you’re into different personality tests, these are the profiles that we feel will be most successful in this role:
- DiSC: i (primary or secondary)
- Myers Briggs: E (S or N) FP
- Enneagram: 2, 3, 7 (7 best match)
- A strong interest in helping ease childhood poverty issues in our city by learning and engaging with our mission
- Ability to teach others how to do a specific volunteer role
- Ability to demonstrate and uphold our core values (Advocacy, Engagement, Inclusion, Innovation, and Respect)
Schedule and Flexibility: Hours will be done primarily at the SCDB warehouse, and will generally be spread over 3-4 days of the week. Some early evening hours are required each week and Saturday hours are required each month. We are closed between Dec. 24th and Jan 1st.
Breakdown of responsibilities:
65% — Volunteer Coordination: Work with interested individuals, companies, and groups, to schedule volunteer shifts. This usually includes emails and phone calls, as well as setting up shifts in our online database. Train and oversee volunteers while coordinating with our Program Manager to ensure partner agency product orders are filled on time.
15% — Social Media Coordination: Sourcing, organizing, and posting content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Write occasional blog posts for the website and provide content for the monthly newsletter.
10% — Community Outreach: Occasionally attend events in the community where a SCDB booth or presence is requested. Network, meet community members, and share our mission and services.
5% — Volunteer Appreciation: Organize volunteer appreciation events annually, as well as create and send out regular volunteer newsletters.
5% — Administrative: Collecting, inputting, and organizing data related to volunteers
Benefits: This position is an opportunity to join a new and quickly-growing nonprofit in Cincinnati’s Lower Price Hill community. We have recently moved to a brand-new, expanded warehouse facility. Our board of directors, staff, donors, and volunteers are very hands-on and energized around the success of Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank. A flexible schedule, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, parental leave, and company holidays are offered as well.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com