Cooperative for Education
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education.
Are you a detail-oriented individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do you love telling a good story and being part of a hardworking team, bringing your unique talents to accomplish incredible results? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist who is a service-focused storyteller. This position is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing team through:
- Creating and editing content for print and digital publications (i.e. blog posts, monthly eNews, appeal letters, grants, case studies, and giving reports).
- Collaborating with development team to carry out design and print needs for events, campaigns, and mailings.
- Keeping the website up-to-date via WordPress and updating donate pages via Soapbox.
- Maintaining the integrity of email platform lists.
- Managing Flickr account, photo storage, inventory of print collateral, and brand integrity.
- Managing social media platforms and scheduling content.
- Utilizing Salesforce and Airtable to maintain efficient tracking systems for sales leads and goals.
- Engaging with volunteer base to help complete ongoing projects.
- Supporting new business initiatives through research, networking, and coordinating speaking engagements.
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
You’re filled with gratitude.
You love showing others the appreciation they deserve and recognize that thoughtfulness is key when communicating with donors.
You value attention to detail.
You care about the little things and carry out your work with thought and integrity. Youre even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch.
You’re passionate about empowering students.
You recognize the importance of education, and long to make a difference by connecting promising students with supporters who can help them surmount the barriers to their success.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Please include your area of study on your resume (even for non-recent graduates).
1-2 years of work experience in communication, marketing and/or writing through co-ops or internships.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Database experience and/or tech savviness preferred.
Familiarity with design software (e.g., InDesign, Canva) preferred.
Spanish speaking ability a plus, but not required.
Compensation: $35,000 – $40,000 annual salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(k) plan
- Flex time
4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 observed paid holidays
- Paid travel to Guatemala with option of additional paid week for Spanish study
This is a full-time entry-level position based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and starting in November 2021. This office currently operates with a hybrid in-person and remote schedule with flexibility for each employee.
How to Apply: Please apply through our website at coeduc.org/careers with resume and cover letter. Applications submitted prior to September 24th will receive priority consideration. No phone calls, please.
Cooperative for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on-the-basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.
To apply for this job please visit coeduc.org.