Council on Aging
We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
COA is a state-designated Area Agency on Aging, serving a 21-county region. One call to COA links people to the wide variety of agencies, information and programs that serve older adults and people with disabilities.
COA has more than 300 employees, more than 100 contracted providers, and an annual budget of over $77 million.
Our mission: Enhance lives by assisting people to remain independent through a range of quality services.
Position Description (Full job description available upon request): Develops, implements and continually improves communications strategies that strengthen our organization, enhances our reputation and building relations with stakeholders.
If you have these qualities, meet the requirements below and want to use your skills to improve the lives of older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers, this position may be for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years direct experience in communications or marketing, public relations, public affairs or community outreach
- Able to demonstrate and utilize good judgement and communications savvy as a community representative of COA
- Ability to work flexible schedule (evenings and weekends) as needed to accommodate outreach schedule and activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience with public speaking, preferred
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Excellent computer skills including Windows operating systems, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Office365 (SharePoint, OneNote) and the ability to learn new software applications as needed
- Proficiency with ConstantContact or similar CRM tool required
- Knowledge of city, county and federal organizations and their services
- Design skills: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Canva experience preferred
- Photography skills preferred
- Experience in nonprofit arena and familiarity with Southwestern Ohio communities preferred
When applying, please include three writing/work samples. All samples must have been published or used for work-related purposes, for example: newspaper column or story, brochure, strategic plan, PowerPoint presentation, web content, etc. At least two of the writing samples must have been published within the last two years.
Pay: $32,700 – $35,800 based upon experience and education.
Please apply through our website: www.help4seniors.org
To apply for this job please visit www.help4seniors.org.