St. Joseph Home
St. Joseph Home (SJH) is a non-profit organization located in Sharonville which serves the needs and dreams of individuals living with complex disabilities.
Communications and Events Manager
40+ hours per week
St. Joseph Home (SJH) is a non-profit organization located in Sharonville which serves the needs and dreams of individuals living with complex disabilities. For over 145 years, we have faced and met the needs of the most vulnerable. Today, SJH service lines include residential, respite, and day programming for more than 150 individuals of all ages. As we grow into new lines of business and revenue, we need the talent, team and drive to make growth successful.
WHO WE SEEK
St. Joseph Home is looking for an experienced partner to help us realize our vision of the future by expanding our presence in the community through communications and events. A solid foundation on these fronts exists and we are looking to add a team member that will bring innovative insights and a heart for our mission and vision. The ideal Communications and Events Manager will be a seasoned communicator who is able to impart the mission of St. Joseph Home effectively to a variety of audiences and a detail-oriented professional able to carry large and small-scale donor events to new heights.
The Communications and Events Manager will improve upon and manage our communication strategy from paid advertising and brand management to social media efforts, donor impact messaging, and more. This professional is the primary architect of St. Joseph Home’s narrative in partnership with organizational leadership. S/he will also be responsible for two large and other small fundraising events each year from planning to implementation to follow-up. S/he will work closely with fellow Advancement Team members, the Director of Community Advancement, and the CEO to ensure all efforts are sound and strategic.
PRIMARY DUTIES OF THE POSITION
Communications and Marketing
- Constructs and facilitates continuous evolution of the organization’s message and ensures alignment across tools of this message in partnership with organizational leadership
- Coordinates the collection of stories from across the organization’s different lines of service to incorporate across varied mediums
- Develops and manages production, content and timelines of all print materials for various audiences including annual report, appeals, donor communications, articles, and recruitment materials
- Develops and manages production, content and timelines of all electronic content including the organization’s website, online fundraising site, e-newsletter, and social media presence
- Monitors effectiveness of existing communication and marketing tools and adapts strategies ongoing to both improve reach and express our work more clearly
- Keeps a pulse on best practices and new tools on the horizon to ensure that our communications and marketing strategies are current and evolving
- Serves as primary partner to communicate new programs or developments within the SJH community with media and other respective audiences
- Oversees the annual Employee Giving Campaign
- Serves as leader of the annual Incline to the Finish Line Run, Walk, and Roll 5k
- Serves as leader of the annual St. Joseph Home Golf Outing
- Manages marketing and logistics of smaller donor and volunteer events in partnership with fellow Advancement Team members
- Coordinates internally with individuals, staff, and families to effectively and appropriately carry out communications and event functions
- Manages select external vendor relationships and contracts in order to accomplish assigned functions
- Facilitates the acknowledgement and stewardship process of key partners related to communications and event functions
- Periodically manages interns and volunteers as it relates to the core functions of the role
- Facilitates annual 5K and Golf Outing committees in partnership with volunteer co-chairs
- Member of the Board’s Advancement Committee
- Participates in other committees as assigned
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in related profession
- Demonstrated success in communication and marketing efforts
- Demonstrated success in event planning and implementation
This job posting is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
To apply for this job please visit newton.newtonsoftware.com.