United Way of Greater Cincinnati
As a member of the United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the UWGC. Additionally, the CFO will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities; developing and monitoring of control systems designed to achieve operational excellence, preserve assets, and ensure accurate reporting and planning; and leading the UWGC Finance team and partnering with UWGC Board volunteers serving on Finance related committees.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Leadership Team. Evaluate and advise on the financial impact of long-range strategic planning, introduction of new programs/initiatives/strategies and changes in laws and regulations. Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Develop understanding of the total operations of UWGC to determine and implement financial requirements, adequacy of controls and necessary policies, systems, and procedures to facilitate efficient administration and financial control of the UWGC operations.
- Develop and coordinate the UWGC operating and capital budgets; develop and maintain multi-year financial plans and capital and other resource needs. Maintain systems and procedures to formulate efficient administrative and financial control of organizational expenditures and operations.
- Working with UWGC Board Committees and external actuaries, brokers, bankers, investment advisors, insurance agents, agency executives, and other resources as necessary, effectively manage UWGC employee benefit plan investments and administration, corporate insurance programs and other risk management activities.
- Oversee the annual audits of UWGC, UWGC Foundation, UWGC Services, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, and 403(b) Plan by an external audit firm. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP, UWW reporting requirements and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Hire and develop team of directors, managers and individual contributors in the Finance organization including establishing goals, providing performance feedback, recognizing and rewarding team accomplishments, supporting training, learning and/or other growth opportunities, and ensuring an inclusive pool of talent with adequate bench strength.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics; master’s degree in finance or accounting or CPA license preferred.
- Seven years of experience in accounting or related field.
- Five years management experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and federal grant accounting.
- Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely data driven analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
Competencies: Accountability, Integrity-Organizational Commitment, Measurable Impact/Results-driven, Organizational/Strategic Planning, People Management
Applicants should apply by Monday, January 18, 2021 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit www.uwgc.org.