Catholic Charities of Southwestern Ohio
Catholic Charities’ mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower.
POSITION TITLE: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) 90%
Executive Director Community Service Archdiocese of Cincinnati (10%)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Archbishop of Cincinnati and Catholic Charities SW Ohio Board of Directors
WORK HOURS: 37.5
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
DATE: November 2019
Servant leader of Catholic Charities’ mission to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. Activate the Catholic faithful, religious believers and overall community to perform the works of mercy to many who strive for a better life. Grow mission through leading collaboration of functional areas. Engage the Catholic Charities SW Ohio board and grow stakeholders to invest in expanding the reach and depth of commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger through Catholic Charities. Work collaboratively with the Archdiocese social action office, other faiths and providers of human services.
Essential Job Functions:
Work through the Catholic Charities SW Ohio Board of Directors, Board Committees, Advisory Boards and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati leadership to deliver the agency mission; Guide Board and stakeholders to effectively expand mission advancement and provide board development training; Grow mission advancement through annual appeal, major donors, corporate/planned giving and grants; Develop and refine donor cultivation programs, moves management, data tracking, board and staff training, and all other means necessary to deliver goals; Direct Social Enterprise AccuracyNow interpreter services, to deliver client supporting programs and agency supportive income; Expand the brand and mission awareness through communications and marketing; Expand community awareness to engage Catholic Charities mission through prayer, faith activity, volunteers, events and parish outreach. Include parish outreach as integral to development, marketing, branding and delivering the mission; Build a relationship with parishes through parish outreach and social action; Effectively communicate strategic direction to program directors and mission service team; Maintain overall responsibility for agency performance and primary contact with Catholic Charities SW Ohio Board and Archdiocese; Direct Chief Operating Officer to prepare operations plan and budget along with Directing Su Casa program in coordination with other programs providing immigration services to welcome families to the Cincinnati community.
As Executive Director of Community Service for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati:
- Direct Catholic Social Action programs to deliver Catholic Social Teaching and promote social justice in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Combine justice and charitable works.
- Work collaboratively with Archdiocese of Cincinnati directors to deliver mission of the Archdiocese. Attend weekly Archdiocese directors meeting with Archbishop.
- Act as Archdiocese liaison and work collaboratively with Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley.
- Collaborate with Catholic Conference of Ohio to deliver social justice.
Provide oversight and supervise Director of Mission Advancement, and Director of Marketing and Communication, Parish Outreach Coordinator, Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Social Action Director, Executive Assistant, Chief Operating Officer, Su Casa Director and AccuracyNow Director
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Master’s degree in business administration, or applicable academic discipline preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ progressively responsible experience planning and managing multiple mission- driven programs within a nonprofit setting
- Minimum 7 years’ experience supervising senior leadership staff
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and while managing costs
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, problem-solving and communications skills; ability to innovate, with capacity to create and leverage opportunities to improve agency effectiveness and outcomes.
- Ability to adapt and provide leadership in the face of conflict, crisis and changing priorities.
- Evidenced commitment to an interdepartmental, interdisciplinary team approach to work; strong conflict resolution and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in managing multiple and often simultaneous tasks, and to create a work environment with a high level of organization, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, accuracy, and results
- Knowledge and active practice of Catholic faith.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Relocation Assistance Provided: NO
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
To apply, please visit https://ccswoh.org/careers/.
To apply for this job please visit ccswoh.org.