Our mission is to remove transportation barriers for people that are working their way out of poverty.
To remove transportation barriers for people that are working their way out of poverty
To see God glorified and his kingdom expanded through ChangingGears
- Faith – Trust God even when it defies conventional wisdom
- Relationships – Follow the Golden Rule – Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Empowerment – Offer a hand-up rather than a hand-out
- Excellence – Bring your best – Be a great steward of the resources God has entrusted to you
Position & Description
This position is responsible to diagnose and repair vehicles that are 1) donated to ChangingGears and will be used in one of our programs or used for fundraising, 2) owned by clients in our Purchase or Bridge Programs, and 3) owned by clients who are accessing our Repair Program. This is a unique position that will allow you to use your skills and experience to help people have access to affordable and reliable transportation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a thorough assessment of donated vehicles to to help determine the best way to use the vehicle to accomplish our mission.
- Assess client vehicles to determine repair needs.
- Diagnose both electrical and mechanical issues.
- Complete repairs on a wide variety of vehicles (years, makes, models, and conditions)
- Perform quality work in a timely manner.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain clean and safe service area.
- Assist Director of Vehicle Operations when necessary.
- Assist with picking up donated vehicles when necessary.
- Assist with Technician Training program when necessary.
- Attend client celebrations for ChangingGears and CityLink Center.
- Passionate about the mission and vision of ChangingGears.
- Conduct that is consistent with the values of ChangingGears.
- Ability to diagnose and fix pretty much anything on a vehicle.
- ASE certifications preferred but not necessary.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional technician.
- Provide your own tools. Shop equipment will be provided by ChangingGears
- Basic computer skills, specifically ability to use Mitchell 1 ProDemand, ShopBoss, Google Apps, and communicate via email.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Valid drivers license.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- No more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 2 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have full body mobility and be able to twist, turn, bend at the waist, and squat
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time with hands above the head.
- Willing to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- Full Time
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm
- $40,000 to $50,000 salary based on experience level
- Company matched IRA plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Apply at: www.changing-gears.org/jobs
Submit resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org