Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Non-Profit Services Division
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines a deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $200 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
The Associate is a pivotal role supporting Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division and, in partnership with a team, responsible for supporting fundraising campaigns, strategy and campaign planning engagements for a portfolio of leading non-profits primarily located in the Cincinnati region. The Associate will report to a Sr. Manager in the Non-Profit Services Division.
The Associate position is a unique opportunity to deepen your awareness and knowledge of the non-profit and philanthropic sectors while helping to make signature community projects happen. The Associate will work with non-profits of varying sizes and missions, along with some of our community’s top donors and leaders.
The Associate will have experience in supporting multiple projects simultaneously to meet project goals successfully. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to provide the highest quality service, and have keen attention to detail to help clients make a positive impact in their community.
Specific areas of oversight and responsibilities include:
The Associate is part of a client-facing project team, responsible for executing tasks necessary to meet the needs of the assigned projects while delivering a high-quality client experience. Though specific responsibilities will vary for each project, the following areas of responsibility provide an overview of the type of work that this role will be responsible for delivering.
- Serve as a core member of the Non-Profit Services team to support fundraising strategy, campaign planning and campaign management projects.
- In partnership with the Non-Profit Services team, develop project/campaign goals and timelines.
- Assist with client onboarding to gather information and documents from clients.
- In partnership with the Non-Profit Services team, prepare client/meeting materials such as agendas, presentations, reports, and project timelines.
- Perform donor research and analyze data to accomplish fundraising goals.
- Develop campaign communications and materials, such as pitch decks, one-pagers, donor correspondences, donor acknowledgments, proposals and grant request applications.
- Help coordinate, schedule and prepare for client, donor and stakeholder meetings.
- Participate in client and stakeholder meetings as needed, to document detailed notes and perform followup tasks.
- Manage/update project planning documents, campaign fundraising pipelines and data entry.
- Help Non-Profit Services Team and clients meet timelines and stay on schedule.
- Provide general support to the Non-Profit Services team and complete other duties as needed.
- Participates in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Contributes to the ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization
- Participates in interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and Philanthropic Services divisions
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
Ignite Philanthropy seeks an individual who is inspired by the impact of the non-profit sector and is driven to deliver highly professional work. The Associate will be working with a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment, and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to learn and improve continuously.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in being part of a growing company.
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector, with an emphasis on experience in development or institutional advancement.
- Candidates will likely have experience working in the development department of a non-profit organization or have served in a development capacity on a non-profit’s Board of Directors.
- Non-profit grant request writing experience preferred.
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably non-profit fundraising/development experience or proven related project management/business experience.
- Exceptional writing and professional communication skills; ability to adapt writing style depending on audience needs.
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client and donor expectations.
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills.
- Strong presentation skills and display of professionalism.
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Computer proficiency, specifically Microsoft Office with a strong focus on PowerPoint and Excel.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
- The annual salary range for this position is $40,000 – $50,000.
- Ignite offers the following benefits to employees:
- Elective health, dental and vision insurance (75% of the employee’s premium is employer paid).
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% of the premium is employer-paid).
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% employer match contribution that employees may elect to participate in the quarter immediately following their hire date.
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays, which includes six (6) business days at the end of the calendar year.
- 120 hours of paid leave (PTO) used for vacations and planned absences.
- Flexible Discretionary Leave used for short-term health-related or personal absences.
- Eight (8) hours of Volunteer Leave used for volunteering in the community.
- Twelve (12) weeks of partially paid Parental Leave.
- Ignite is fully committed to employees’ growth and offers opportunities for continued professional development.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ignite employees are working remotely through the end of 2020, but have the option to work in the office if preferred.
- While working remotely, Ignite is providing a $25/month phone/internet stipend.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
TO APPLYApplications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until September 21, 2020. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early. To apply, please complete the application online at ignitephilanthropy.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit ignitephilanthropy.bamboohr.com.